• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Smiffy

¡Viva la Aussielución! 🇦🇺 🦘 ⭐️
Staff member
Some very important games, which will have an impact on us this evening.

Torquay v Cheltenham
Burton v Stevenage
Crewe v Accrington
Port Vale v Hereford

Ideally then, we want a Cheltenham, Burton and Hereford win and maybe a draw between Crewe and Accy.

Very unlikely of course, fingers crossed.

I think after tonight though, we will be 6 points adrift with a game in hand on 7th placed Gillingham.

After tonight's games it stands as:

5 Stevenage 38 14 57
6 Shrewsbury 37 12 57
7 Gillingham 38 10 57
---------------------
8 Rotherham 37 11 56
9 Port Vale 37 4 56
10 Accrington 36 5 53
11 Oxford Utd 38 0 53
12 Crewe 38 12 52
13 Southend 37 6 51

Just as you reckoned Smiffy. Realistically we're 5 off Rotherham, who will jump the Gills if the draw their game in hand. 9 games to go, with a worse goal difference than most above us it's a tall order.

Rotherham have really hit a rough patch, they were 3rd at the start of February.

Still not confident that we will make the play-offs as we will need to get extremely lucky.

Well Port Vale Crewe and Accrington all dropped points tonight so not too bad a night if we can win game in hand then only 3 points off play off places!
Personally assuming we win at Stockport and beat Aldershot the season deciders will come down to Accrington and Port Vale away games which if we cannot attract 2 to 3 loan players will be very difficult.
My Prediction for what its worth with 9 games to go:

Stockport W 3pts
Aldershot W 3pts
Accrington L 0pts *
Port Vale D 1pt *
Bradford W 3pts
Stevenage D 1pt
Macclesfield L 0pt
Burton W 3pts
Wycombe L 0pt

14 points from last 9 games giving us a total of 65pts Will this be enough??? (probably not)
*hence more than 1 point required from these 2 games.
Yours
Eternally Hopeful

Well Port Vale Crewe and Accrington all dropped points tonight so not too bad a night if we can win game in hand then only 3 points off play off places!
Personally assuming we win at Stockport and beat Aldershot the season deciders will come down to Accrington and Port Vale away games which if we cannot attract 2 to 3 loan players will be very difficult.

Stockport W 3pts
Aldershot W 3pts
Accrington L 0pts *
Port Vale D 1pt *
Bradford W 3pts
Stevenage D 1pt
Macclesfield L 0pt
Burton W 3pts
Wycombe L 0pt

14 points from last 9 games giving us a total of 65pts Will this be enough??? (probably not)
Yours
Eternally Hopeful

I think that your series of predictions are quite reasonable given our recent form. However, given our recent form, we are clearly not going to qualify for the play-offs and are likely to finish the season not far from where we are at present.
On a recent thread I gave my opinion that the next four matches will indicate whether or not we are setting ourselves up for a grandstand finish (I suppose that's stating the obvious) and I assessed that eight or nine points, from those matches, is the minimum we require in order to keep our hopes alive. The way I see it is that the next two are crucial. Wins at Stockport and against Aldershot would give us a three match winning run and could provide the impetus and confidence to carry us across the line. Anything less than six points from the next two would change a task from one that is extemely difficult, into one that is near impossible.

I think 74 points is the target for 7th spot this season.

Meaning we need to win at least 7 of the last 9 and a couple of draws.

Basically, we cannot afford to lose any of the remaining games. As soon as we do, it really is curtains.

I go along with what SteveShrimper said. I think we will pick up around 15 points from the remaining games, giving us around 66 points. Which will leave us around 12th, about 8 points shy of the play-off's.

Last edited:

Stockport W 3pts
Aldershot W 3pts
Accrington L 0pts *
Port Vale D 1pt *
Bradford W 3pts
Stevenage D 1pt
Macclesfield L 0ptBurton W 3pts
Wycombe L 0pt

Yours
Eternally Hopeful

After thumping Macca 4-1 at home a while ago, I'm sure we can get at least a point from the away fixture

Rotherham have really hit a rough patch, they were 3rd at the start of February.

Still not confident that we will make the play-offs as we will need to get extremely lucky.

Rotherham and Port Vale are both in freefall at the moment, and both have got rid of their manager. It will be interesting to see if that will have a positive or negative impact on the rest of their season. Let's hope it's the latter...

Just can't see it happening especially not with the injuries we currently have. I would deffinately say not to look any further than the next two games. both very winable and if we don't take 6 points then our play off hopes are deffinately over for sure.

In other news last night, Colchester had their lowest ever league attendance at the care in the community stadium: 2,892 :hilarious:

Rotherham manager has left by "mutual consent" (A.K.A sacked), after only picking up 3 points from their previous 5 games, how fickle.

A daft decision, although I'll not mourn the departure of Ronnie Moore, whom I've never really liked, and who always manages somehow to be rude about SUFC...

After thumping Macca 4-1 at home a while ago, I'm sure we can get at least a point from the away fixture
Fair point and i did think of that however after following Southend for many years i know that the game that you think you'll win gives the complete opposite lol

We havent been in the play offs all season & dont deserve to be. We will finish 11th.
Heres to next seasons promotion campaign!

I take your point, but I just can't accept that we 'don't deserve it' why don't we? Nobody has the right to go up do they? What makes any other team above us or below us deserve it. We've played some good stuff and some bad stuff this season, but that's no different to any of the other teams I've seen play!

But yes, next season, Automatic Promotion is a very big possibility!

OH AND

In other news last night, Colchester had their lowest ever league attendance at the care in the community stadium: 2,892 :hilarious:

AWFUL! JOKE! PATHETIC! :smile:

I take your point, but I just can't accept that we 'don't deserve it' why don't we? Nobody has the right to go up do they? What makes any other team above us or below us deserve it. We've played some good stuff and some bad stuff this season, but that's no different to any of the other teams I've seen play!
We don't deserve it as we don't have the amount of points required. That's our fault and our fault alone.

We don't deserve it as we don't have the amount of points required. That's our fault and our fault alone.

Well know obviously if we don't get enough points we don't deserve to go up. But if we do get the right amount of points then we do deserve it, however I have read several comments that seem to think we still wouldn't deserve it, that is what I don't understand.

Back