• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tonight's National League Games

Oh for Christ sake, at what level are we as supporters gonna have some confidence we’d actually compete. I’m not saying you’re wrong by the way but hearing we wouldn’t compete at ****ing Conference South level is worrying.

Oh for Christ sake, at what level are we as supporters gonna have some confidence we’d actually compete. I’m not saying you’re wrong by the way but hearing we wouldn’t compete at ****ing Conference South level is worrying.
We seem to be competing at this level, okay we aren't tearing the league a new one but we are looking like a decent team now and the results will follow

Bet the bookies are loving that.

Teribke result for us if it stays that way.
Not really terrible, as long as the bottom 3 do not start winning we are fine, they will be 7 pts adrift as it stands. Maidenhead obviously better than we thought having recently beaten Bromley at home also.

Not really terrible, as long as the bottom 3 do not start winning we are fine, they will be 7 pts adrift as it stands. Maidenhead obviously better than we thought having recently beaten Bromley at home also.
Also Aldershot and Altrincham are teams we can overtake if we win our games in hand over them.

Maidenhead’s results against Bromley and now Chesterfield and our recent draw at Bromley put the 1-1 home draw with Maidenhead in some perspective, however much we were disappointed at the time.

We need to keep our run going against the teams around us at present. The next four including Barnet at the start of next month are all winnable. 10 to 12 points would be very handy.

Strange league. Maidenhead on a dreadful run then summon the strength to beat Bromley then Chesterfield neither of whom have suffered many defeats in the past few months

On the NL forums results like those are called a Devonshiring!
20220118214930-jpg.16417

Just shows how crucial Friday night is.

Win and we are 10 points clear. Lose and its down to 4

Win on Friday and we go 14 points clear of Kings Lynn. That would also put us 14 points shy of a play off spot before Saturday's games, having a game in hand on D & R, currently in 7th.

So here's the discussion point; realistically I think alot of people on here might say we cannot make the play offs this season, so would a win on Friday put us out of reach of Kings Lynn?....Away you go SZ.....

Last edited:
Win on Friday and we go 14 points clear of Kings Lynn. That would also put us 14 points shy of a play off spot before Saturday's games, having a game in hand on D & R, currently in 7th.

So here's the discussion point; realistically I think alot of people on here might say we cannot make the play offs this season, so would a win on Friday put us out of reach of Kings Lynn....Away you go SZ.....
I think anyone that saw the Yeovil game would agree that the improvements since Kev and co took over are poles apart.
As long as the structure in the clubs football department stays as is or is enhanced we will only go from strength to strength imo
This league is very difficult to call whether your currently at the top or bottom as with exception to a couple of teams anyone can beat anyone on their day. If you look at form there are only 4 teams that have won at least 2 or more games on the bounce!
I’m not saying that we should raise our expectations but it would not surprise me in anyway shape or form if Kev was a nominee for manager of the season the way things are going and for me I’m no longer concerned about the teams below us.

You can never rule out where you can finish in this league, with what we saw against Yeovil and if we were to keep that standard of football every single game, who knows where we can be, optimistic but never say never, but thinking about now, the next game is so so crucial, we need to keep building that important gap.

Back