• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pubey

Flavs - 7, some good blocks and dealt with a lot of set pieces fairly well
Hunt - 7, unspectacular but solid. linked up well in the 2nd half and was good as the last man
Richards - 6.5, nervy start but got into it as the game progressed. passing isn't great
Barrett - 7, started poorly but an excellent 2nd half. led from the back
Francis - 8, unbelievable performance seeing as he has been out for a few weeks. was our best player in the first half by a mile and although faded a bit, had an excellent 90mins. defended well and on the attack put some excellent balls in
Moussa - 6.5, was excellent at starting breaks from the box, got outmuscled a bit though and passing was a bit off at times
McCormack - 6, passing was poor. at times he seemed a bit out of position and i think came of worse due to playing a brand new midfield setup. however was strong in the air and tackle as always
Bailey - 8, a class act. brilliant allround midfielder and it's looking hard to leave him out of the 11 now.
Black - 7.5, slow to start but was awesome in the 2nd half, some of his tricks and passes didn't come off but he was tenacious and gave 100%. finds a lot of space
Harrold - 7, had a good game and there seems to be potential for a decent partnership with macdonald. took his goal well and made some smart runs as well has working well dropping deep
MacDonald - 8. could have had a couple more but his goal was excellent. smart runs and kept the ball well

hooper - 6, no impact
lokando - 5.5 might be a bit harsh seeing as he 1 min on the pitch, but the ball did bounce twice beside him before he got it under control! lol!

ref - 1, only gets 1 because the rest of the mistakes were the lino's fault... the normally good Mr Singh had a stinker today

great great game. was really surprised how well we coped.

flavs 9 - was solid and save some amazing saves. how we saved the one with his leg i don't know.

francis 6 - looked fit, didn't have too much to do really
barrett 7 - as per usual was solid, handled there main striker well
hunt 7 - did really well, filled in very nicely at left back
richards 7 - had his dodgy moments and a few hoofs but did ok

Bailey 8 - gets better and better and better. looking very good so far
Moose 8 - realy like moose, he showed skill, confidence and is going to be a very good player
Black 9 - followed on from millwall, played very good, caused mayhem for the waford defence.
Macca 7 - a bit quiet but played well.

Mcdonald 9 - looked lively and again and great goal. maybe should have scored another but did very well.
Harrold 8 - get ready to frame this as i do not say this very often. he did very good tonight. won a lot of headers and tackles. even set up a few chances and scored a good goal. should have scored a couple more though. lol

Flahavan 7 - Pulled off a few vital saves early on when we were under a lot of pressure, still needs to come for crosses in his 6 yard box though

Hunt 7 - Solid, never let anyone down tonight. Good squad to player to have around

Richards 6 - Ok performance, Dominant in the air, marking wasn't tight enough at times and distribution needs improving

Barrett 8 - Immense tonight. We hear so much about his passion and determination, and rightly so, but so many people seem to forget he is actually a bloody good defender

Francis 8 - Looked sharp. Did everything asked of him defensively and added width with his runs down the right, i actually believe he is possibly the best crosser of the ball in our entire squad, crosses are pretty accurate and he really whips them into the box

Black 7 - Wasn't quite as effective as his recent sub appearances IMO but offers genuine width, seems to have 2 decent feet as well. Still doesn't look fully fit to me but doesn't seem too far off

Bailey 8 - Has a bit of everything to his game, can see the confidence flowing through him after a goal on saturday and another all action performance this evening. Credit to Tilson for picking a decent player up from the lower leagues

Macca 6 - Worked hard, Tackled well and competed in the air. Distribution was pretty woeful at times though and let him down big time

Moussa 7 - Seen him quite a bit now and he is so good on the ball for such a young player. Gets pushed around a lot due to his size but i think he will be a special player one day. Don't really think he is a winger though...

Harrold 7 - Linked up well with Mcdonald. They seem to compliment each other perfectly - Charlie likes to sit on the last man and try and get in behind the defence, while Harrold likes to drop deep and try and link up with the midfielders. Decent finish for the second goal

McDonald 8 - Can see him scoring goals this season. His game is all about movement off the ball and getting in behind defences, has a good touch and produced a real strikers finish for his goal. Hopefully tonights goal will give him some confidence to get him up and running for the season (A la Nicky Bailey)

All in all a really good performance, and it was great to keep another clean sheet. Bring on Brighton!

some very pleasing performances from:

Black - so so skillful, effective, direct and an absolute pleasure to watch. the one player that really excites the crowd, since eastwood. works hard and is tenacious. an excellent signing

Baily - this lad has got it it seems. as said above, he's getting better by the game. he's passing capability is excellent, up there with mahers, yet has the tenacity and grit of macca. definitly worth his price tag.

Macdonald - not going to set the world alight, and his touch and lack of physical strength lets him down. BUT, he's movement is excellent and allows so many chacnces to be set up for him. took his goal very well, and although he's not going to be a long term investment, i believe he could do a sound job for us this season.

...and it has to be said, the ginge had a good game also - i almost died with laughter, i think out of shock, when he scored!

Moussa looks very promising - out of all of them, he oculd be worth a lot of money. skill wize he's the best in centre mid at the club, just needs to bulk up and he's going ot be one heck of a player.

the strikers scored, but the midfield won that game for us tonight, creating chances, skillfully, with grit and endevour.

Flavs 7 - Made some good saves tonight and never really looked troubled. His kicking always impresses me.

Hunt 6 - Didn't do much. Solid, but not very strong going forward.

Richards 7 - Dominant in the air, never really looked troubled. Still hoofs it a bit too much though.

AB 8 - Solid as ever, made some excellent headed clearances and tackles. Don't know what he was doing that far up the pitch for his headed chance in the 2nd half!

Moussa 8 - This lad oozes quality. Composed and confident on the ball, plays as though he's much older than he is. Brilliant piece of skill to turn the full back and thread thru C Mac to set up Harrold's goal.

Bailey 7 - Made some good block tackles; nothing seems to get past him. Few stray passes tonight though.

Macca 7 - Looked a little off colour, passes went astray, but he never stops working and running and he made some good tackles. His booking was a joke.

Black 7 - Still looks like a real quality player to me, and boy can he whip in a cross. Couldn't impress much in the first half as everything went down the other side, and in the second half, there were a few occasions when he took the ball too far when he should have already crossed it.

C Mac - 8 Impressive. Showed he is composed and finish with his goal tonight. Energetic, never stops running, and turn a defender on a 5p piece.

Harrold 8 - Brilliant tonight. Looked much stronger, won the ball in the air a lot, and his hold up play was great. And, oh my God, he actually made a few great runs into space today. Probably would have got a 2nd had that defender not been all over him when he was clean thru on goal (Pen IMO). Took his goal well.

Lokando and Hooper - 6 - Too late!

Whoops, left out Simon Francis! 8 for him. Excellent first game back. Looked great going forward and much more solid and confident in defence in comparison to last season.

Matt Harrold and Charlie Mac were superb. The one moment i remember the best was when we cleared a corner to the halfway line on our right hand side, Charlie Mac chased well and brought the ball under control quickly. He looked up and delivered a perfect long ball onto the chest of Harrold which he controlled superbly took another touch and was unlucky to have his shot blocked. He ran the length of the pitch to get onto this ball and busted his gut to get there. Then for Harrolds goal, Charlies movement and the way Harrold delayed his run was superb and you see that that goal meant so much to him. That is the front two and if they play like that every week there is no need for a new striker. Black had a quiet first half but did better in the second half although some of time he dallied on the ball too long and the chance was lost. The centre backs looked comfortable and both Hunty and Francis played well without ever really being stretched. Bailey looks a superb little player and really does remind me of Benno. Daryll made some good saves to keep us leading at half time and certainly played a big part. Macca wasn't at his best and was booked for nothing but he still contributed and Moussa played well. He broke up the play nicely and often started our counter attacks. I'm not going to rate the players themselves but i will rate the team performance and for me it was easily a 7.5 out of ten.

I'm surprised at the low ratings for McCormack. He was the best player on the park for me and was at the heart of most of the best moves that we made.

Flavs 7 - Confident on crosses and pulled off a stunning save. Completely vindicating Tilly's faith in him.

Francis 8 - Very good performance from a very good player. How are we going to fit him and Gilbert into the same side?

Hunt 6 - Solid. Surprised he played but didn't do anything wrong.

Richards 7 - He can't pass and he loves to hoof the ball over the stands but he looked solid and won pretty much everything in the air. Which is what he's there for.

Barrett 7 - Solid apart from one horrible slip in the first half.

Moussa 7 - started poorly but grew in confidence as the game went on. Lots of skill and lot of determination and a real option for us wide right.

Black 7 - Not as spectacular as his saturday cameo but lasted the 90 without too much trouble which is encouraging and he's deceptively quick. Bags of skill but a lot didn't come off tonight.

Bailey 7 - He's a bit of everything, this lad. Strong in the tackle, good on the ball, nice range of passing and a fantastic workrate.

McCormack 8 - At the heart of everything good that we did. So full of energy and drive. Got himself a stupid booking but that's part of what make shim the player he is. I doubt there's a better midfielder in League One.

Harrold 7 - Won a lot of ball in the air, earned a lot of freekicks and scored a nice goal. links up well with MacDonald too.

MacDonald 8 - I thought on saturday just how much he reminds me of Michael Owen in the way he plays on the shoulder of defenders and I think even more of it tonight. Lovely finish for the goal, worked hard and constantly caused problems for their back four. Thrives on the space that Matt Harrold gives him.

some very pleasing performances from:

Moussa looks very promising - out of all of them, he oculd be worth a lot of money. skill wize he's the best in centre mid at the club, just needs to bulk up and he's going ot be one heck of a player.

sorry.This kid your right will be worth a lot of money . He is very very good , BUT The best centre midfielder at club.Come on now KEVIN MAHER has got to be the best centre midfielder in the 1st div infact i just can not believe that a championship club has not offered an awful lot of money for him. just watch him play totaly Diffrent class.

Back