• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tony Blair pelted with eggs and shoes at book signing

Who pelted him with shoes, and did they enjoy their walk home ?

"I went up to him and I said 'Mr Blair, I'm here to make a citizen's arrest for the war crimes that you've committed'," said O'Sullivan, 24, a member of the Irish Palestine Solidarity Movement.

AS opposed to the Palestinian Soldiarity Movement of the Irish. Splitters!

Last edited:
Imagine the stench of those tree-hugging soap dodgers shoes... bloody hippies should get jobs rather than protesting.

Actually I wasn't.
I honestly believe that the greatest tragedy that has befallen the Labour party in (relatively)recent times was the death of John Smith.He would have made a wonderful (Old Labour) Prime Minister.:clap:
Not often I agree with you on politics but I have to say I do here. It was a travesty Blair getting in as he did on the back of Smith's untimely death and if he got a reaction like this, then I can honestly say it couldn't happen to a nicer chap. Shame Cherie wasn't caught up in it too.

I must say I find the utter hatred shown towards Blair these days a little over the top. I've always had the suspicion that he was a level head surrounded by petty raving lunatics i.e. Brown, Mandy, Campbell, Straw, Cherie etc etc. I'm a Tory through and through, but I believe he did a great deal of good in his two full terms. For me, it went off the rails when Bully boy Brown couldn't be contained any longer. Having said that it could be argued Blair is a righty anyway.

I must say I find the utter hatred shown towards Blair these days a little over the top. I've always had the suspicion that he was a level head surrounded by petty raving lunatics i.e. Brown, Mandy, Campbell, Straw, Cherie etc etc. I'm a Tory through and through, but I believe he did a great deal of good in his two full terms. For me, it went off the rails when Bully boy Brown couldn't be contained any longer. Having said that it could be argued Blair is a righty anyway.

No, I'm sorry. I have absolutely no sympathy for the man. Sycophant and hypocrite, and married to THAT woman!

Actually I wasn't.
I honestly believe that the greatest tragedy that has befallen the Labour party in (relatively)recent times was the death of John Smith.He would have made a wonderful (Old Labour) Prime Minister.:clap:

People didnt want an old labour prime minister, they had rejected old labour for over a decade, it was the fresh new looking party under Blair that turned the table, and John Major having the charisma of a sausage.

Whether people like Blair now or think he did a good job the fact remains he and new labour swept away the Tories in the biggest landslide in history. I doubt John Smith would have had the celeb factor that Blair did and wouldnt have had the same impact.

Smith would have got Labour in though. He'd taken the Party on hugely from 92 and would have had to have fared very poorly to not get in past Major's Tories. But they'd have had nothing like the majority that Labour enjoyed under Tony Blair.

Smith would have got Labour in though. He'd taken the Party on hugely from 92 and would have had to have fared very poorly to not get in past Major's Tories. But they'd have had nothing like the majority that Labour enjoyed under Tony Blair.

Mandelson won it really.

Back