• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tony Colbert

Rumours that he do enjoy going out more with drinks than on the pitch, any wonder why his recovery from his injuries take ages to heal!

At this point, with the hopes of survival almost gone, I’d almost take relegation if it means seeing these gutless turds whipped into shape and crying for mercy!

The meek will be discarded, the strong will survive and see their potential.

Some of the players should be a bit worried.

How do you know that? It might be that they're as unhappy with the training they've received as we are, and are looking forward to the change.

Either way, don't expect fitness to improve over night, it'll take a few months at least.

How do you know that? It might be that they're as unhappy with the training they've received as we are, and are looking forward to the change.

Either way, don't expect fitness to improve over night, it'll take a few months at least.
What all those players that don’t bother to stay at the training ground to do THEIR extra training ? That lot you mean

What all those players that don’t bother to stay at the training ground to do THEIR extra training ? That lot you mean

How do you know they are required to stay for extra training? Do you know for sure that this new fitness regime will involve staying for extra training?

Wow! This guy is well known and revered/ feared (depending on your attitude) by players and coaches, he could not have come cheap, so it would seem Ronny has dug deep in getting this team together.....or did Sol demand it as part of his package after watching some of our slackers over the past few weeks?

Also this article by Lee Dixon on him

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/f...3040273/Wengers-formula-based-on-science.html

Quite a few of us were banging on about the need for a strong core (admittedly not quite like that though!).

That article is 17 years old. Back then (as the article says) Arsenal employed a company to measure performance on the pitch. Nowadays even Southend players wear GPS trackers. None of that is new now. It's standard practice. I would hope his ideas have evolved over time otherwise we'll be no better off than we are now.

Of course, it could be that Sol will instruct him to work the players harder than both Waddock and Bond did, but he could have done that with the current fitness coach. I guess what it really boils down to is that Sol wants to work with people he has worked with before and therefore trusts and that's a good thing.

I agree, I don't think he's going to have many cutting edge methods, more likely that he has the trust of the manager.

For me this is the signing we have been lacking for a long time! Our team is unfit and nowhere near at the fitness levels squads we have had in the past. I don't know if this is down to injuries or the lack of a decent strength and conditioning coach. But I know I bang on about it all the time but the team's fitness levels have been nowhere near what they were when Jamie Douglas was here.

An astute addition to the team and obviously something Sol has identified whilst doing his research for the job. If he has noticed that and made this appointment from that research then he goes further up in my estimations.

Hope he works them until they puke and cry.

Bunch of pussy holes the lot of them
Actually some of the people I coach are physically sick during certain sets, they get a huge dose of congratulations for working hard and carry on, they understand what it takes to reach the top, they push themselves to the limit. The wages versus effort at SUFC does not stack up in any way, I really hope this guy sorts them out.

For me this is the signing we have been lacking for a long time! Our team is unfit and nowhere near at the fitness levels squads we have had in the past. I don't know if this is down to injuries or the lack of a decent strength and conditioning coach. But I know I bang on about it all the time but the team's fitness levels have been nowhere near what they were when Jamie Douglas was here.

An astute addition to the team and obviously something Sol has identified whilst doing his research for the job. If he has noticed that and made this appointment from that research then he goes further up in my estimations.

When Jamie was around the club had a more local feel about it amongst the backroom boys. Whilst his role is important in the modern world, the basics start with running. I'll wager the Dorset pre-season tour was not as hard as running through the woods in Spain at 06:00

The more I read, the more I like..

The regime is masterminded by Tony Colbert, the much-feared fitness coach, who is known simply as “The Beast” at the club’s training ground in London Colney, Hertfordshire. “You wouldn’t want to be involved in one of his fitness sessions,” the spokesman said. “It’s not pretty.”

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/ ... 013072.ece

He was admired by Henry, Fabregas, and Eduardo, but hated by players who he made work harder (like Walcott)

Jens Lehmann said Colbert made him fitter at 38 than when he joined at 33, using whole body exercises.

He stayed at Arsenal for 20 years - showing loyalty to Arsene.

that link isn't working for me, can you repost please?

Our players should payTCs wages someone who’s going to make them fitter, prehaps advance their career, seems some of them aren’t capable of doing it themselves.Will Atkinson my opinion average player but because of his fitness a very good Blues player

the problem he's going to have is that pre-season is gone so it will be difficult to build the fitness up quickly. someone like Dieng could really benefit from this and become the player we need him to be, now if only there was someone who could teach Humphreys to pass.......

Back