• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tony Colbert

He filled in the hole behind the front two yesterday and his work rate was phenomenal. Back in defence to up top plenty of times. Did a great job yesterday and anyone that thinks he is overweight or isn't putting a shift in needs their head read

What if I told you several people at the club and beyond agree he is overweight. Do they need their head read too?

What if I told you several people at the club and beyond agree he is overweight. Do they need their head read too?

What if I told you aliens landed in my back garden last night and I gave them a cup of tea

Just because someone tells someone something, doesn't make it true

to acheive peak fitness athletes need to have to intensive training and guidance and monitoring and a total regime ...

the additional 3 or 4% that can be gained gives you the edge ..

footballers at championship level and above now resemble 1500 m runners in appearance ...

you don't get to this level without expert conditioning -

our problem is Waddock and previous regimes have not had the expertise to do this .. or maybe support team or maybe leverage over players ..

the top conditioning trainers will re configure a player - adding or subtracting weight - they even have people who improve their running sttyle..

I suppose Campbell know about all this stuff ... and expects it and know where to get it from where as Waddok has probably never worked with detailed player stas in his career ..

as various people have noted Phil brown not only had them fit he had them putting a head on the ball whatever the cost - no room for anyone not up for it

All this about cox makes me laugh, there isn’t much difference in his build this season to last and everyone loved him then.

SC said players need to be fitter (its a throw away line that all of the managers since Brown left have said, so I take that with a pinch of salt), however the bigger comment was he wants to see work rate and movement and that will be easily monitored by those packs they all wear, A fair few will be looking over the shoulders at that comment.

Now is not the time to be on the players backs its a time too support them and help them up the table as that is what everyone wants

What if I told you aliens landed in my back garden last night and I gave them a cup of tea

Just because someone tells someone something, doesn't make it true

If you want to be childish about it that's really up to you.

The clue is in the name of the thread but hey, you've made your mind up already.

If you want to be childish about it that's really up to you.

The clue is in the name of the thread but hey, you've made your mind up already.
Ah lighten up. The name of the thread is Tony Colbert and I'm sure he will get players fitter then they have been on a long time

As for Cox, if he is overweight, he did well to get around the pitch like he did on Saturday. I lost count of the amount of times he travelled from the front to the back and up front again. Maybe he is fitter than people think

Ah lighten up. The name of the thread is Tony Colbert and I'm sure he will get players fitter then they have been on a long time

As for Cox, if he is overweight, he did well to get around the pitch like he did on Saturday. I lost count of the amount of times he travelled from the front to the back and up front again. Maybe he is fitter than people think

I'm relaxed. Let's hope TC does sort this unfit lot out and we should all see the benefit.

I was trying to think of a player to compare Cox with: the famous German forward, Gerd 'Der Bomber' Muller came to mind.
There's not a lot between them in terms of size, and Muller won the World Cup for his country!
What is interesting is older pictures of Cox sees him fuller of face, but to the naked eye there's not a lot of difference between chest and waist.

is now a good time to point out that people can be overweight and still fit enough to run around a football pitch for 95 minutes?

theres going to be 30 players doing exactly that on a rugby pitch in just over an hour

is now a good time to point out that people can be overweight and still fit enough to run around a football pitch for 95 minutes?

theres going to be 30 players doing exactly that on a rugby pitch in just over an hour

Now those guys really are fit.

Now those guys really are fit.
Yeah, and built for the job.
So much in sport is specific, which is where Colbert comes in.
Whatever's been debated about the squad's fitness, and Cox's tum, or lack of it, the boss with an international and Premier League background took all of 90 minutes to discover they weren't.

I think all will agree the fitness and work rate is one massive improvement since he has come in!

Surprised he signed an new contract considering the problems we have, but he is the best signing we can ask for!

Back