• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

palexander

Life President
Veteran goalie Tony Warner is apparently playing for us tonight v Millwall.

Would be a great signing IMO, lets hope he does ok.

Hes been offered a contract by Accrington and is Liverpool based (spent about 5 years their warming the bench as number of years ago). Said he would prefer to stay in NW but given he has just come back from playing in Australia....
If he comes down tonight having already got an offer elsewhere he must be keen
He played for years in the top two flights- it will all come down to how fit and sharp he still is. Anywhere near his best he would be useful- but he's 38. Will be interesting. Certainly not lacking in experience and I bet he turns up on time!!

He started his career at Liverpool he earned the nickname Tony Bonus, due to him receiving many win bonuses as a non-playing substitute, without ever playing a senior game for the club – where he spent the first five years of his career there. At Millwallhe earned the nickname Denzil, because he looked and sounded like the character Denzil from Only Fools and Horses

Clubs
Liverpool, Swindon/ Celtic/ Aberdeen (all loan), Millwall, Cardiff, Fulham (loan), Fulham, Leeds/ Norwich/ Barnsley (all loan), Hull, Leicester (Loan), Charlton , Leeds, Scunthorpe, Tranmere, Wellington Pheonix..

Trinidad & Tobago international

Played over 200 times for Millwall, possibly a Neil Harris recommendation?

Ironic... "Warner started nearly every match for Leeds up to the sacking of manager Kevin Blackwell when new manager Dennis Wise witnessed a poor performance by Warner in the League Cup against Southend United and brought in a new goalkeeper on loan..."

Sat on the bench 120 times for Liverpool from 94/95 without getting on the pitch!!
Note he was at Preston on trial in July

Ironic... "Warner started nearly every match for Leeds up to the sacking of manager Kevin Blackwell when new manager Dennis Wise witnessed a poor performance by Warner in the League Cup against Southend United and brought in a new goalkeeper on loan..."

Remember that game well, we were sat behind him chanting "Warrrrrnnnner"!

No thanks. Ex Millwall. Just like Harris - will be a let down. :winking:

Last edited by a moderator:
mark phillips (millwall youth) :winking:

Last edited by a moderator:
Have I missed something - when did we start disliking Millwall? I quite like them mainly because they hate west ham.

Have I missed something - when did we start disliking Millwall? I quite like them mainly because they hate west ham.

Mate, no one likes Millwall.

Hence:
We are Millwall, no one likes us, we don't care.

Since the first game in the New Den when I had the pleasure of sitting in the home end with a Millwall supporting mate.

Total scum the lot of them.

Back