• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

top 20 comedy catchphrases

Napster

No ⭐
The top 20
1. I'm the only gay in the village - Dafydd in Little Britain
2. Just like that - Tommy Cooper
3. D'oh! - Homer Simpson in The Simpsons
4. Lovely jubbly - Del Boy in Only Fools And Horses
5. Yeah, but no, but yeah but - Vicky Pollard in Little Britain
6. Suits you, sir - The Fast Show
7. Drink, feck, arse - Father Jack in Father Ted
8. I don't believe it! - Victor Meldrew in One Foot In The Grave
9. Garlic bread, I've tasted it, it's the future - Peter Kay in Phoenix Nights
10. I have a cunning plan... - Baldrick in Blackadder
11. Well here's another fine mess you've got me into - Oliver Hardy to Stan Laurel
12. I'm a laydee - Emily Howard in Little Britain
13. No, no, no, no, yes! - Jim Trott in The Vicar Of Dibley
14. Stupid boy - Captain Mainwaring in Dad's Army
15. I'm free! - Mr Humphreys in Are You Being Served?
16. Back of the net - Alan Partridge
17. Oooh Betty! - Frank Spencer in Some Mothers Do Ave' Em
18. Is it coz I is black? - Ali G
19. Yeah baby! - Austin Powers
20. You wouldn't let it lie! - Vic Reeves

Pretty mish-mash if you ask me.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Jan. 11 2005,14:18)]Pretty mish-mash if you ask me.
3 Little Britains in the top 20? Shurrley shum mishtake?

Of the ones listed, I reckon only "yeah but no but yeah but no" will have any sort of longevity.

rock.gif

A little surprised not to see "How Dare You!" from Max, in Max and Paddy's Road To Nowhere. I'm hearing that everywhere I go.

Where did that list come from?

Any polls like this - be it TV shows, songs, films, catchphrases or whatever - should discount anything less than 5 years old as you only get too many 'recent' entries.

What about 'Milky, Milky'?

tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ron Manager @ Jan. 11 2005,17:01)]Any polls like this - be it TV shows, songs, films, catchphrases or whatever - should discount anything less than 5 years old as you only get too many 'recent' entries.

What about 'Milky, Milky'?

tounge.gif
or "that's your mum, that is"

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ron Manager @ Jan. 11 2005,17:01)]What about 'Milky, Milky'?
Surely not as famous a the legend that is Harry Barris with his Monaguesque catchphrase "Licky Licky".
biggrin.gif
It's one of those "you had to be there moments" .
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hooly @ Jan. 11 2005,18:01)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ron Manager @ Jan. 11 2005,17:01)]What about 'Milky, Milky'?
Surely not as famous a the legend that is Harry Barris with his Monaguesque catchphrase "Licky Licky".  
biggrin.gif
  It's one of those "you had to be there moments"  .  
wink.gif
I still think the sight of that very elegant and obviously very wealthy women's little dog licking his feet is both one of the most disgusting and funny things I have ever seen!

biggrin.gif

Back