• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Top 5 Mark Gower moments

BaileytheQuitter

Spelling Guru
With the departure of our G-man, what moments/ goals stick in your mind...In no particular order-

-Last minute goal vs Swindon this year to give us the 3 points!
-His run from his own half against Brighton, before slotting the ball into the bottom right hand corner of the net.
-An amazing one-two, which had Mark in the Coventry area, only to lash the ball into the net.
-Another last minute goal; this time to clinch a point against Norwich.
-Marky G's first ever league game- notching up 2 goals on his debut vs the mighty Cheltenham.

Your thoughts?

That wonder strike against Bristol Rovers in the LDV at thier place - cut in and shot from out sidthe area - and absolute thunderbolt - in off the cross bar! Brilliant!

That wonder strike against Bristol Rovers in the LDV at thier place - cut in and shot from out sidthe area - and absolute thunderbolt - in off the cross bar! Brilliant!

Quality goal. Quality mental celebrations too.

His debut was pretty special too really....

Also liked his goal vs Brighton this season for personal reasons and his goal vs Brentford when we spanked them at home once.

The goal v Brighton for me. Very similar and on the same night as 'the' Walcott run for Arsenal in the champions league.

Walcott had to pass, whereas Gower finished his off in grand style. Guess who made the headlines the next day in the paper.

The goal v Brighton for me. Very similar and on the same night as 'the' Walcott run for Arsenal in the champions league.

Walcott had to pass, whereas Gower finished his off in grand style. Guess who made the headlines the next day in the paper.

Mark Gower ? Sure I read it in the Echo?

Not technically a great moment, but MG certainly played his part in making history at the Vetch in 2003, scoring, and being our 3rd red!

Without him, it'd have just been a boring 2-2 draw with 9 men

Yet another vote from me. Great goal, great night!

his debut against Cheltenham was also quality.

Cant believe no-one has mentioned my personal favourite moment when he turned round to London Fatso and told him to **** off.....Priceless....

The brighton goal for me, ive just spent a hour or so looking around websites for videos of Mark Gower and i found a total of 2, i was planning on making one of those youtube videos but without the clips its not going to work

I shall really ( not ) miss the almost weekly sight of " The G-man " out on the touchline , having found some space , lifting his foot at the crucial moment only for the ball to roll under it and out for an opposition throw-in..... or the match earlier this season ( the opponents escape me ) when I watched very closely and Gower gave the ball away on the first 6 (six) times that he had the ball !! ... dont spose Brushy will miss being told to **** off by Gower when told to get his finger out ...... sorry to spoil the rose coloured love in girls .

I shall really ( not ) miss the almost weekly sight of " The G-man " out on the touchline , having found some space , lifting his foot at the crucial moment only for the ball to roll under it and out for an opposition throw-in..... or the match earlier this season ( the opponents escape me ) when I watched very closely and Gower gave the ball away on the first 6 (six) times that he had the ball !! ... dont spose Brushy will miss being told to **** off by Gower when told to get his finger out ...... sorry to spoil the rose coloured love in girls .

cos gower never ever did anything good for the club did he :stunned:

Cant possibly not include that winner against Darlington...

A very good shout. The way he turned his man inside and out before lashing the ball into the top corner with his left foot to complete a remarkable second half comeback was mesmerising.

Yep, another vote for that. One of the best Southend goals I've ever seen. Awesome.

Especially as we were right behind him as he struck it, eh Matt? You could tell it was going in from the minute it left his boot.

Apologies for the terrible football cliché there, but it's true!

The goals vs Bristol Rovers and Brighton for me. Scored a good one at Forest too if I remember rightly

Back