• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Top 5 Television Characters (current)

Davros

The Whippet
Name your top five television characters (in terms of good characterbility, or good acting), who are currently, or fairly recently appearing on the box.

1. Dr Spencer Reid (Criminal Minds)
2. Neil (Inbetweeners)
3. Stacey Slater (Eastenders)
4. Homer Simpson (The Simpsons)
5. Lafayette (TrueBlood)

1. John Locke (Lost)
2. Don Draper (Mad Men)
3. Dexter Morgan (Dexter)
4. Stewie Griffin (Family Guy)
5. Bobby Goren (Law & Order: Criminal Intent)

Sam and Dean Winchester (Supernatural) (NB: Can't have one without the other, it gets weird. Well, weirder).
Special Agent Seeley Booth (Bones)
Lucas North (Spooks) (Or whatever this new guy that's just cropped up calls him, spywork gets complicated very easily)
Chloe Sullivan (Smallville)
Oscar (MI: High) (Yes, I'm aware it's a kids' show. Do I care? No, not really). (And no, I don't know his name off the top of my head, but I think it's double-barrelled. Halliday-Something-Or-Other or something. It's a spy show, names aren't exactly handed out like candy!)

Jimmy McNulty would get shamefully drunk and sleep with all of the aforementioned's mothers.

Jimmy McNulty would get shamefully drunk and sleep with all of the aforementioned's mothers.

In my case, one of said mothers is dead, another is senile, one's a rogue agent and the other two haven't been mentioned (but then, one of those two did marry a drunkard who beat their kid, so... yeah...). Doubt very much that Jimmy would go quite that far.

In my case, one of said mothers is dead, another is senile, one's a rogue agent and the other two haven't been mentioned (but then, one of those two did marry a drunkard who beat their kid, so... yeah...). Doubt very much that Jimmy would go quite that far.

Hmm

i would concur

Dr Reids mum is a schizphreniac and resides in a special hospital, Neils mum has never been seen (McNulty could have a go on his dad though), Stacey Slaters mum is Bipolar, Homer Simpsons mum is very old and Lafayettes mum is dead, and his aunty is also a bit mental.

Do not underestimate the raging lothario that is Detective McNulty.

Hmm

i would concur

Dr Reids mum is a schizphreniac and resides in a special hospital, Neils mum has never been seen (McNulty could have a go on his dad though), Stacey Slaters mum is Bipolar, Homer Simpsons mum is very old and Lafayettes mum is dead, and his aunty is also a bit mental.

That bluesmanager is sooooo bonkers.
And lafayettes mum is so not dead.

Erik Northman (True Blood)
Joan Holloway (Mad Men)
Graham (Corrie)
Godric (True Blood)
Fat gay one from Modern Family.

Last edited:
Amanda Redman

That's where my list stops because that's just about the only thing I watch with any compulsion on the box these days apart from Coast if it is on and Countryfile. Mrs ORM is mad on Criminal Minds and I see Davros mentions it. I've never seen one from the start so by the time I wander in I'm struggling to work things out. Worth me bothering ?

Chuck Norris (Walker, Texas Ranger)

Think carefully before you say that he is 'not current.' How many people do you know have survived roundhouse kicks to the face eh?

Amanda Redman

That's where my list stops because that's just about the only thing I watch with any compulsion on the box these days apart from Coast if it is on and Countryfile. Mrs ORM is mad on Criminal Minds and I see Davros mentions it. I've never seen one from the start so by the time I wander in I'm struggling to work things out. Worth me bothering ?

I would say so yes, but then i like it. Have series 1 on boxset if you ever want to borrow it.

Back