• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Top by Christmas ?

CC51DAS

President
Forget the 'performances' of the last two weeks ( which I was fortunate to miss ) - they are confined to history .

LeonC is back and owes us big time - he also has a bit to prove if he is to be worth the terms he alluded to a few weeks ago . In him we have one of the few players in this league who has the ability to play at the level above . He now gets to link up with a new playmaker (Deano) for the first time this year .Sooner or later we are going to whap someone big-time .

3 home wins in a row and a point or three at Swansea and who knows we could be up there by the time Santa comes down the chimney !

Come on you BLOOOOOOOOOZ :cool:

I'm loving the positive thinking so I'll have a pint of whatever you're having!

Unfortunately, I just can't see it at the moment, given the poor run we have had. Yes, Leon will be coming back and offers us something different but Deano has apparently failed to really sparkle as yet. Teams know that Leon is our number one threat going forward at the moment and will try to play him out of the game as a result (à la Nottingham Forest). I'd like to see Charlie Mac given a run alongside Leon but I just can't see Tilly doing it.

Well fair play to Tilly tonight. When I saw the side come through by SMS this evening I was very disappointed to see that we seemed to be playing 4-5-1 at home but it seems that we weren't seen through by Huddersfield as I predicted earlier. There will be tougher tests to come I'm sure but who knows, with the confidence we've gained tonight, maybe we can go on and build up a run to take us up once again! :D

hoepfully we can put the past few weeks behind us and get back to being in the good form again.

Yes indeed. Looking at the table, we are now level on points with Dirty Leeds, although one telling figure is our goal difference, +5 compared with their +21 and Forest's +17. That is something we really need to improve as I can see this League being very tight near the end of the season.

Having said all that, Borient are on -1 and find themselves in 3rd position. :eek:

shouldnt be too concerned with goal difference i reckon, decent results( wins and draws) will look after that department . It is only half a point effectively after all.

shouldnt be too concerned with goal difference i reckon, decent results( wins and draws) will look after that department . It is only half a point effectively after all.

Exactly. Somehow I dont think our season is going to hinge on goal difference. If we are good enough then come the end of the season we will be up there and goald difference will be irrelevant- hopefully.....

Talk of us being top by Xmas is very optimistic. Can't see us getting anything at Swansea, and I don't think we'll get maximum points at home in the run-up either.
We looked pretty good yesterday (although Huddersfield were a bit rubbish) so that should instil a bit of confidence into the squad for the upcoming games.

Talk of us being top by Xmas is very optimistic. Can't see us getting anything at Swansea, and I don't think we'll get maximum points at home in the run-up either.
We looked pretty good yesterday (although Huddersfield were a bit rubbish) so that should instil a bit of confidence into the squad for the upcoming games.

Well of course I am being wildly optimistic ! But after those dire results of the last few weeks without Leon I just felt it was about time we reminded ourselves of how close we could be if we put a decent run together now we have a more potent strike force at our disposal .And a little optimism is no bad thing IMHO - much as I respect Tilly one thing I dislike intensely is when he takes the pressure off by setting low targets eg 3 points from two away matches or 4th from bottom in the CCC is OK - it worked in League 1 last time but that psychology let us down badly last season .

Lets hear some more positive talk all round - the sooner we start believing in it , the sooner there is a chance it could happen ! :)

I would take 3 points from Donny & Swansea game .... 1 extra point is better than 2 draw from both away games.

Yeah, go on then I'll get on the optimism trip and say that there is a possibility of topping the table. However Lets hope we get back on track away from the Hall as they are big ask's at The Liberty and Keepmoat, but here's hoping why not. Oh and no more reds eh, so we can keep a settled side and increase the chances of a 10 game or so unbeaten run, which really would put us up there. :D

I'm dreaming we'll be top by Christmas ...

Just like I said two games ago ....

Where the tree tops glisten

And Wiggy listens

To all those Blues Fans in the know .....

Hmmmm need to work on this one a little methinx

Well , I didn't specify which Christmas !

But in all honesty the Clarke / Morgan dream partnership has failed to materialise and I wonder if either of them will be here when the decorations come down .

A pity really as a win yesterday would have put us in with a good shout for top spot ( Carlisle v Swansea next week I think ) and that would have made my Christmas ( 2007 )

Now I'll just have to hope for Col Ewe to hit rock bottom next week instead :)

Back