• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

palexander

Life President
For me, after football (and sex!) there is nowt better than live music. Lets have your top 5 live musical performances you've witnessed in person...

1) Faith No More, Brixton Academy (weeks before they split
sad.gif
)

2) Green Day, V98 (I think) - No better band for entertainment.

3) Stereophonics, Nottingham Ice Arena

4) Foo Fighters, Reading 2002 - rocking!

5) Bush, Nottingham Rock City - intense

<span style='font-family:comic sans ms'>Forgive my undecided dates&#33;

1. Hole at the Brixton Academy &#39;94/&#39;95.
2. Radiohead at Glastonbury &#39;98/&#39;99
3. Foo Fighters at Reading &#39;96
4. Moby at Reading &#39;98 (Speed Metal, NOT dance...)
5. Marion at Reading &#39;98</span>

[b said:
Quote[/b] (pboreham @ Nov. 17 2003,13:53)]Faith No More
<span style='font-family:comic sans ms'>I&#39;m not the only one then - I made a (admittedly poor) pun about Angel Dust on Saturday and received nothing but blank looks&#33;</span>

Erm....mine are:

1) Westlife - Earls Court, May 2002
2) Busted - Hammersmith Apollo, June 2003
3) Justin Timberlake - London Docklands Arena, May 2003
4) A1 - Hackney Ocean, May 2001

I can only think of 4 that i&#39;ve been to
biggrin.gif

Need to see some decent groups i think
rock.gif
wink.gif
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Durera @ Nov. 17 2003,13:59)]
[b said:
<span style='font-family:comic sans ms'>I&#39;m not the only one then - I made a (admittedly poor) pun about Angel Dust on Saturday and received nothing but blank looks&#33;</span>
Incredible band and even thinking about them split up now makes me feel gutted.

The way Mike Patton transformed them from an 80&#39;s pop/rock (albeit a good one) band to one of the most cutting edge and genre leading alternative metal bands of the 90&#39;s is amazing.

He is one f**ked up guy, but fitted FNM perfectly. Angel Dust is still my No.1 album of all time...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Vange Shrimper @ Nov. 17 2003,14:02)]Erm....mine are:

1) Westlife - Earls Court, May 2002
2) Busted - Hammersmith Apollo, June 2003
3) Justin Timberlake - London Docklands Arena, May 2003
4) A1 - Hackney Ocean, May 2001

I can only think of 4 that i&#39;ve been to
biggrin.gif

Need to see some decent groups i think
rock.gif
wink.gif
laugh.gif
*snigger*... never mind VS&#33;
tounge.gif
biggrin.gif

Love to see:

Good Charlotte
Feeder
Incubus
Lost Prophets
Manic Street Preachers
Stereophonics

This is a bit hard considering the person i go to gigs with hates all that kinda music, u know.
rock.gif
sad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Vange Shrimper @ Nov. 17 2003,14:11)]Love to see:

Good Charlotte
Feeder
Incubus
Lost Prophets
Manic Street Preachers
Stereophonics

This is a bit hard considering the person i go to gigs with hates all that kinda music, u know.
rock.gif
sad.gif
Obviously the Stereophonics are good, but Feeder were very good too (supported &#39;Phonics last time I saw them) and I&#39;m sure I&#39;ve seen the Manics at Reading 97... maybe they were on Saturday... dunno...

<span style='font-family:comic sans ms'>See Feeder at the Army and Navy in about &#39;93, only about 60 of us in there - quality gig&#33;&#33; Always enjoy seeing them. Manic&#39;s at the Royal Albert Hall was my favourite one of theirs. Got dragged to Stereophonics at Wembley Arena a couple of years back, and was pleasently surprised - they rocked&#33; Although their support were even better (just wish I could remember their name&#33;&#33;&#33;).

See Green Day at Reading - only one band better for the entertainment value, and that&#39;s Weezer&#33; Better than stand-up&#33;&#33;

Ever seen Terrorvision? They&#39;re quality live - and Skunk Anansie, that&#39;s a band who&#39;s album&#39;s were sooooo poor when put next to them live...</span>

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Durera @ Nov. 17 2003,14:42)]See Green Day at Reading - only one band better for the entertainment value, and that&#39;s Weezer&#33; Better than stand-up&#33;&#33;

Ever seen Terrorvision? They&#39;re quality live ...
Ah yea&#33; Terrorvision were great too (again at Reading 97). The lead singer (Tony?) was completely off his face and really got the crowd going.

Green Day were excellent and I would definately hunt them down to see them again - after watching them, everyone was grinning ear-to-ear, especially the last song, King For A Day, where you had loads of guys in customes running around playing trumpets and then the legendary setting fire to the drum kit... great stuff&#33;

Oh, one to watch for if you can get to a date is &quot;CKY&quot; who are touring here very soon. Great band who will have the place rocking... think they are playing the London Forum for 2 nights...

1. Sting, Ephesus, Turkey, 1993
2. Roy Ayers, Ronnie Scott's, 1996
3. Lakatos, Ronnie Scott's, 2000
4. Outside, Jazz Cafe, 2000
5. Massive Attack, Finsbury Park, 1997

Been to bigger gigs - Aerosmith (Wembley Arena), Oasis (Gateshead), Jamiroquai (Brixton Academy), Shaggy (Wembley Arena) - but I'd rate those as my top 5.  For those who are unaware of him, I urge you to go to Ronnie Scott's to hear Roy Ayers - the man is a legend.

Matt

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Nov. 17 2003,14:52)]1. Sting, Ephesus, Turkey, 1993
2. Roy Ayers, Ronnie Scott's, 1996
3. Lakatos, Ronnie Scott's, 2000
4. Outside, Jazz Cafe, 2000
5. Massive Attack, Finsbury Park, 1997

Been to bigger gigs - Aerosmith (Wembley Arena), Oasis (Gateshead), Jamiroquai (Brixton Academy), Shaggy (Wembley Arena) - but I'd rate those as my top 5.  For those who are unaware of him, I urge you to go to Ronnie Scott's to hear Roy Ayers - the man is a legend.

Matt
Ah man, how could I forget Aerosmith!?

I went to the all dayer at Wembley Stadium, supported by Stereophonics, Lenny Crabsticks and ... someone else... Anyway, great day...

Also got dragged to Bon Jovi at Wembley Stadium by a girl a used to work with who was dead fit. Thought I'd cop off for sure, but we got seperated in the crowd :-(

Anyway, Bon Jovi were pretty good and well supported by Van Halen... great days...

Much as I hate to admit it, Robbie Williams at Knebworth was a damn good day out, especially for the performances of The Darkness and Moby in the warm-up. (Quite literally because it got up to something like 35°C!) And Jools Holland a couple of weeks ago was an excellent night out.

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (pboreham @ Nov. 17 2003,14:03)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Durera @ Nov. 17 2003,13:59)]
[b said:
Incredible band and even thinking about them split up now makes me feel gutted.

The way Mike Patton transformed them from an 80&#39;s pop/rock (albeit a good one) band to one of the most cutting edge and genre leading alternative metal bands of the 90&#39;s is amazing.

He is one f**ked up guy, but fitted FNM perfectly. Angel Dust is still my No.1 album of all time...
the one band that I would love to have seen live but never did ( same goes for the Clash, but was too young anyway )

Christ, I&#39;ve seen so many gigs over the years it&#39;s hard to name 1 let alone 5.

But 2 that stick in the mind are:

Manics, Dec &#39;94, Astoria, last ever gig with Richey before he disappeared, smashed all their equipment at the end and threw it into the crowd.

Supergrass, Jan &#39;98, Shepherds Bush Empire, just a great live band and the only booze sold was cans of Red Stripe or, er, that was it&#33; Vaguely remember playing football on the train home with a rolled up copy of the Sun....................
rock.gif

Oasis - Wemb Arena
Reef - V98
Travis - V2000 (I think)
Michael Jackson - Wemb Stadium
Britney Spears - Wemb Arena (That girls really can move)
Coldplay - One of the V weekends
Texas - Another of the V weekends

And the worst without any doubt is No Way Sis, I have never heard such a poor effort to sing/play Oasis songs in my life. Also All Saints were toilet, but then I guess everyone knew that.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Usual_Suspect @ Nov. 17 2003,15:19)]Reef - V98
<span style='font-family:comic sans ms'>I saw them at Basildon Towngate when they were just &#39;the band from the advert&#39;. Absolute bedlam, about 200 people in a place that would usually get a maximum of 50&#33;</span>

Back