• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

buffalowolf

Director
If Southend looking for a top midfielder who hasnt got a club , there is one in uk ,probably out of the blues budget im afraid , but dosent hurt to approach him, maybe he will play for Blues until he can find a club on a smaller salary. Hos name is HARRY KEWELL, he maybe 33 but still playing top football as experienced with his season here in the Hyundai A LEAGUE in AUSTRALIA with MELBOURNE VICTORY.Theres plenty of good young talent here in melbourne playing for lower clubs ,just need to take a look with one of your scouts, and many with eu passports too.

If Southend looking for a top midfielder who hasnt got a club , there is one in uk ,probably out of the blues budget im afraid , but dosent hurt to approach him, maybe he will play for Blues until he can find a club on a smaller salary. Hos name is HARRY KEWELL, he maybe 33 but still playing top football as experienced with his season here in the Hyundai A LEAGUE in AUSTRALIA with MELBOURNE VICTORY.Theres plenty of good young talent here in melbourne playing for lower clubs ,just need to take a look with one of your scouts, and many with eu passports too.
Still a good player, but would be way above our pay grade.

If Harry Kewell signs for Southend United, I will bungee jump from the Sydney Harbour Bridge. Absolutely no chance what so ever that Kewell will sign. He still is to me at least Championship if not basic Premier League level. Besides his wages would be extremely high and out of our league. In regards to the second bit of Aussie talent, the problem here is that the A-League is about the same level and the same wages as League 2, pushing on League 1 qualify. As a result many will not move to England when they can stay in Australian and be home. They will only move when a bigger club comes after them. To prove this point, Jeremy Christie was a trialist here during the off-season and was only given the one chance and he struggled in the A-League during his stints at the Glory and the Phoenix.

I reckon Pele would do a job, and we could get Sylvester Stallone in goal and Michael Caine in midfield.

The top player without a club at the moment is Michael Owen. I reckon he could still do a job at League 2 level.

Isn't Del Piero out of contract also....either that or available on a free. Can't believe we haven't made a bid.

I reckon Pele would do a job, and we could get Sylvester Stallone in goal and Michael Caine in midfield.

Now that was a team !
Although we'd have to put more security in the changing room at half time.
Big mistake by the Germans

Now that was a team !
Although we'd have to put more security in the changing room at half time.
Big mistake by the Germans

That's easy to say in hindsight - but who would have thought that the team would have escape on their minds when an important game was there to be won.

And aren't we short in the midfield department - and therefore shouldn't the suggestions be in this area?

Am I right in thinking that unattached players can be signed at any time during the season?

Some (including myself) have suggested The Moose but there must be others - isn't there a website that lists players still looking for contracts?

Back