• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Turpinator

Saga Lout
So, who does everyone reckon will be the top seven teams in League 2 at the end of the season?

I think Yeovil are the best side & will win the League. Scunny are starting to lose their way a bit & won't make automatic, imho.

Swansea are still looking good & Northampton are certainly in the ascendency & a team to be watched.

However, there is often a team, form mid to lower half of the table who go on a run & squeeze into the play-offs at the last minute. Will there be one this year? I would've said ths team could be Grimsby who, I think, looked a very good side at our place, but they may be going into administration soon which could well affect their on pitch performances.

Don't write off teams like Wycombe, Cheltenham, Mansfield (though just a shadow of last seasons team) or Bristol Rovers. It's so tight, again.

Anyway, I'll stick my neck out & go for the following final top seven:

1. Yeovil
2. Northampton
3. Swansea
4. Sc**thorpe
5. Southend
6. Bristol Rovers
7. Darlington

I'd like to think we could sneak automatic & if we play as we have done most of the first half of the season it's a possibility but, to be honest, anywhere in the top 10 would be a great achievement for Tilly and the lads & if we don't go up this season, if we keep things together, we'll have a great chance of winning the League next season.

As long as we are in there somewhere i aint too bothered, but for the record ill go for....

1. Yeovil
2. Swansea
3. Northampton
4. Sc**thorpe
5. Southend
6. Lincoln
7. Brizzle

I will go slightly differently.
I reckon we'll clinch 3rd, just, with Northampton winning the playoffs.

1 Yeovil
2 Swansea
3 Southend
4 Northampton
5 Sc**thorpe
6 Darlington
7 Lincoln

I'm just hoping we don't have to win to get 3rd on the last day of the season. Grimsby away is another Carlisle away for us and results there usually equal a miracle.

Yeovil for me win defo finish top and could also see Darlo sneaking into the top 3 as they have got a very strong first 11, if they are all fit.

think we will end up in the play offs by finishing 5th with a trip to Cardiff on the cards for our troubles.

Yeovil
Sc**thorpe
darlo
Swansea
Southend
Northampton
Lincon

1. Yeovil
2. Swansea
3. Northampton
4. Sc**thorpe
5. Southend
6. Darlo
7. Bristol

What do we win if we get it right?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hockley_Blues @ Jan. 14 2005,12:13)]1. Yeovil
2. Swansea
3. Northampton
4. Sc**thorpe
5. Southend
6. Darlo
7. Bristol

What do we win if we get it right?
Well, if you're right HB, you get to see your favourite team in the League 2 play-offs!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Turpinator @ Jan. 14 2005,12:22)]Well, if you're right HB, you get to see your favourite team in the League 2 play-offs!
laugh.gif
cheeky git!

Here's mine:

Yeovil
Sc**thorpe
Southend
Northampton
Swansea
Darlington
Brizzle Rovers

Swansea to win the play-offs

For what its worth:
1. Yeovil
2.Northampton
3.Southend
4.Swansea
5.Sc**thorpe
6.Bristol Rovers
7.Leyton Orient

There are six teams in the list that I don't give two hoots for and as long as Southend grab that third spot I am happy. I would dread the play offs as Blackpool last season and Luton this season showed us just how much we freeze on the big occassion.

I reckon:

1. Yeovil
2. Northampton
3. Swansea
4. Southend
5. Sc.unthorpe
6. Darlington
7. Lincoln

The only one I can't decide on is whether 7th place will be Lincoln or Mansfield. I think Boston will, eventually, be "found out" at home; and their away form isn't good enough. Brizzle Rovers just don't score often enough, and Atkins is too one-track to change that. Orient are, well, Orient. Macclesfield's and Rochdale's squads are too small.

Matt

1) Cambridge
2) Kidderminster
3) Rushden & Diamonds
4) Shrewsbury
5) Notts County
6) Chester
7) Oxford

Errr sorry, I was reading the table upside down...
upside.gif

I believe the first six already (and will continue to) occupy the top seven spots for the end of the season, with the remaining position being taken up by either Lincoln or Rochdale - the latter are in fine form at the moment.

I doubt we will be top three and I suspect all the positions will change hands before the end of the season. SUFC Prediction - Play-offs
cool.gif

1. Yeovil
2. Swansea
3. Northampton
4. Sc**thorpe
5. Southend
6. Darlington
7. Wycombe

The good news is that, unless Blackpool go down, I can't see any of the sides relegated from League 1 being a real threat next year. So even if we don't go up this time around I certainly can't see 3 better sides than us in next season's prospective League 2.

smile.gif

1. Yeovil
2. Swansea
3. Northampton
-----------------------
4. Southend
5. Sc**thorpe
6. Darlington
7. Bristol Rovers
-----------------------
8. Leyton Orient

If its those 4 in the play-offs I'd back us for promotion.

1. Yeovil
2. Swansea
3. Northampton

4. Southend
5. Sc**thorpe
6. Darlington
7. Leyton Orient

1) Northampton
2) Yeovil
3) Southend

4) Sc**thorpe
5) Darlington
6) Swansea
7) Mansfield.

If thats how it does finish, I'm glad we aren't in that play offs.

1) Yeovil
2) Swansea
3) Northampton
4) Darlington
5) Sc**thorpe
6) Southend
7) Bristol Rovers

I hope im not right and southend are in the top 3 but my brain says otherwise

1) Yeovil
2) Northampton
3) Swansea

4) Sc**thorpe
5) Southend
6) Mansfield
7) Leyton Orient

I think we will have a good idea by the end of February, with consecutive fixtures against Darlo, Swansea, Scunny and Northampton. Draws might not be enough!

Scunny also have away agames at Yeovil and Swansea coming up by the end of Feb.

I think Yeovil will win the league and Northampton have easier fixtures with only an away game at Boston and everyone else at the top to play at home by the end of the season.

So it's us or Swansea for third place

Back