• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Top ten worst managers of all time

alvin martin, o dear, dark days indeed.

I like the Alan Ball story where he told his players they needed a point to stay up so they starting playing keep ball only to realise they actually needed to win.

Anyone have Dick Bates record for his spell in charge of us?!

Alvin Martin.
Lets hoof it long first half and if it isnt working lets hoof it long second half.
The man with 2 plan A's both of them rubbish.

Anyone have Dick Bates record for his spell in charge of us?!

Not sure exactly when he got sacked (think it was just before Derby County League Cup game)

If so his record was P10 W1 D2 L7 F16 A32
This includes 1-8 at Gillingham & 2-6 at Notts County.

Not sure exactly when he got sacked (think it was just before Derby County League Cup game)

If so his record was P10 W1 D2 L7 F16 A32
This includes 1-8 at Gillingham & 2-6 at Notts County.

Was the 7-1 (7-0 ?) at Sunderland in there as well?

I haven't looked at the site, but I am guessing we could fill half of the top ten

Wignall
Little
Martin
Buzz Lightyear
Whelan

How can poor Ossie Ardiles be in there? His sides played some of the best football ever. Okay Spurs didnt win many games under him but they had some cracking games. Lost a few games 4-3 and were praised at the time for the Football they played.
Also did a great job at Swindon when they were promoted to the old 1st Division playing some great football but were then relegated to the 3rd Division then promoted back to the 2nd Division after appeal following the uncovering of some very dodgy deals before Ossie Ardiles was manager.

I haven't looked at the site, but I am guessing we could fill half of the top ten

Wignall
Little
Martin
Buzz Lightyear
Whelan

For the older members, what about Arthur Rowley? - the man who promised to take us out of Division 3 and did....................... straight into Division 4!!.:'(

For the older members, what about Arthur Rowley? - the man who promised to take us out of Division 3 and did....................... straight into Division 4!!.:'(

In fact Arthur Rowley led the club to it's first ever promotion in 1972. Sadly we did slip back to Division 4 within 2 years.

It was Alvan Williams who stated he would get us out of Division 3, a promise he promptly delivered on with our relegation in 1966.

In fact Arthur Rowley led the club to it's first ever promotion in 1972. Sadly we did slip back to Division 4 within 2 years.

It was Alvan Williams who stated he would get us out of Division 3, a promise he promptly delivered on with our relegation in 1966.

Sorry for my error - my excuse is that now that I am nearly as old as Cricko my memory has gone!!.:'(

Back