• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tories still "the nasty party"

The Tories are still the self self and self interest party and Labour are still either the party of debt for the Nation and personal gain. Not a lot of difference. too few true peoples's champions.

One party of public schoolboy w*nkers vs another party of public schoolboy w*nkers.

Excuse me if I don't bother voting.

One party of public schoolboy w*nkers vs another party of public schoolboy w*nkers.

Miliband went to state Primary and Secondary schools.Ed Balls went to a state Primary and a private Secondary school in Nottingham.

I'm sure if you compared Labour's shadow cabinet with the Tories/Lib Dem coalition cabinet membere then you'd find far fewer ex-public schoolboys (and girls) on Labour's opposition benches.

Do turn up. Just spoil your ballot paper.

That's what I do now. Makes me feel better to write what i think of the candidates on the voting slip. However Labour are the party that likes spending other people's money and lots of it. Oh and are economically incompetent. The thought of Balls as Chancellor gives me the willies.

I guess this is something new that you must have missed since you didn't have anything to say about it

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-25012909

While I'm worried about the impact of this, as a Co-op Bank account holder, I fail to see what relevance is has to a discussion of the relative merits of the Tories or Labour, as national political parties.

Miliband went to state Primary and Secondary schools.Ed Balls went to a state Primary and a private Secondary school in Nottingham.

I'm sure if you compared Labour's shadow cabinet with the Tories/Lib Dem coalition cabinet membere then you'd find far fewer ex-public schoolboys (and girls) on Labour's opposition benches.

Well not far fewer but...

Of the 21 members of the Cabinet, eight went to private/independent secondary schools, 11 to state and two (May and Gove) changed from state to private during their time at secondary school

Of the 27 members of the Shadow Cabinet, six went to private secondary schools and 21 to state schools.

Virtually all of them on both sides went to Oxford or Cambridge (not necessarily relevant, just an aside).

Last edited:
Considering it would've been their parent's choice to send them to public school, is it really fair to vilify them? If you're going to start hating someone because of the decisions of their parents, then you're falling rapidly within the confines of bigotry.

Considering it would've been their parent's choice to send them to public school, is it really fair to vilify them? If you're going to start hating someone because of the decisions of their parents, then you're falling rapidly within the confines of bigotry.

So we end up with politicians who have little grasp of the real lives of the people they apparently represent as both Labour and Tory will come from one select group of the population of the country.

True true words about the main parties; rather than not voting or spoiling your vote I ask that you register a "protest" vote and go with whatever fringe party is least worse option AND show a small measure of dissatisfaction with the current "elite" of red/blue sides of the Commons.

So we end up with politicians who have little grasp of the real lives of the people they apparently represent as both Labour and Tory will come from one select group of the population of the country.

I'm not saying that we shouldn't have a mix, I was arguing about a certain posters hate based on someone's upbringing

While I'm worried about the impact of this, as a Co-op Bank account holder, I fail to see what relevance is has to a discussion of the relative merits of the Tories or Labour, as national political parties.

You asked "what else is new?" did you not? That's how it is relevant to your opening post.

There is yet to be a thread on SZ that you haven't had something to say\brag about or link us to a Guardian article. I think it was reasonable to consider that you might not have seen the news as you've not had anything to say about it.

Also, what makes it "Ofiicial"? Have they been registered with this status?
I think he means it been declared official by the Guardian but as so few people read it these days (or ever) no one really takes any notice - except Barnaby of course.

Harriet Harman - Fee Paying St Paul's Girls School
Ed Balls - Private All-Boys Nottingham High School [While at Oxford he was a founding member of The Steamers, an all male drinking club where he was photographed wearing a nazi uniform]
Rosie Winterton - Ackworth School [A independent boarding school]
Tristram Hunt - University College School
Hilary Benn - Norland Place School [fee paying]
Jim Murphy - Milnerton High School, South Africa [fee paying]
Ivan Lewis - William Hulme Grammar School [fee paying]
Jon Trickett- Roundhay School [fee paying]

Up The Workers:happy:

Oh Toady yet again your foot has a bullet hole in it,Tony Hall St Josephs primary and St Anselms Senior schools non fee paying and non political in any way.

Harriet Harman - Fee Paying St Paul's Girls School
Ed Balls - Private All-Boys Nottingham High School [While at Oxford he was a founding member of The Steamers, an all male drinking club where he was photographed wearing a nazi uniform]
Rosie Winterton - Ackworth School [A independent boarding school]
Tristram Hunt - University College School
Hilary Benn - Norland Place School [fee paying]
Jim Murphy - Milnerton High School, South Africa [fee paying]
Ivan Lewis - William Hulme Grammar School [fee paying]
Jon Trickett- Roundhay School [fee paying]

Up The Workers:happy:

I`ll think you find Mr Benn went to Holland Park School (state comprehensive) where he was in the same class as Mrs Grumpy :stunned:

Back