• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tories still "the nasty party"

So we end up with politicians who have little grasp of the real lives of the people they apparently represent as both Labour and Tory will come from one select group of the population of the country.

This for me is the biggest issue regarding voter turnout in this country, great another posh boy competition, no wonder the numbers are so low many just can not connect with politics in any way because of the upper class whiff of it all.

I'm not saying that we shouldn't have a mix, I was arguing about a certain posters hate based on someone's upbringing

Since I went to a (minor) public school myself,along with a Secondary Modern and a Grammar school, it would be rather odd if I hated anyone based on their upringing,as you wrongly infer.

You asked "what else is new?" did you not? That's how it is relevant to your opening post.

Personally,I'd welcome an inquiry into the Co-op Bank.

Hopefully,it would scare off the the two American hedge funds poised like sharks to clear up the bank's ailing balance sheet and pave the way for a Government takeover.

Since I went to a (minor) public school myself,along with a Secondary Modern and a Grammar school, it would be rather odd if I hated anyone based on their upringing,as you wrongly infer.

Personally,I'd welcome an inquiry into the Co-op Bank.

Hopefully,it would scare off the the two American hedge funds poised like sharks to clear up the bank's ailing balance sheet and pave the way for a Government takeover.

Why do you want a government takeover? Thought you were against bailing out banks?

Miliband went to state Primary and Secondary schools.Ed Balls went to a state Primary and a private Secondary school in Nottingham.

I'm sure if you compared Labour's shadow cabinet with the Tories/Lib Dem coalition cabinet membere then you'd find far fewer ex-public schoolboys (and girls) on Labour's opposition benches.

.....and they are both tainted with failure from the
previous government which let down so many Labour voters.

These two along with Cameron et al represent the very worst in career politicians. Oxbridge graduates who think they have a divine right to govern yet bring nothing apart from an overblown sense of self importance to the table.

While I'm worried about the impact of this, as a Co-op Bank account holder, I fail to see what relevance is has to a discussion of the relative merits of the Tories or Labour, as national political parties.

I sometimes wish I had made the ethical choice and opened a CoOp account.

While I'm worried about the impact of this, as a Co-op Bank account holder, I fail to see what relevance is has to a discussion of the relative merits of the Tories or Labour, as national political parties.

Why do you want a government takeover? Thought you were against bailing out banks?

As I explained, I'd sooner have the Government nationalise the Co-op, rather than it being 70% owned by two aggresive US hedge funds.

I don't think you'll find any comment I've ever made which is against the bailing out of the banks.

(Ironically,Tony Benn commented in his recent diaries that it was exactly this policy, which he proposed and was heavily criticisied for, back in the early 80's.How times change)!

Q/E however is another matter.

IMO,that money would have been better spent by giving loans directly to small and medium sized businesses or even giving it to taxpayers or householders etc in order to kick start the economy.

I did.:winking:

Back