• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Mick

Life President
Saturday's referee is Dean Whitestone from Northampton, in his fifth season as a Football League referee, making his seventh visit to Roots Hall. He was here twice last season. Firstly, the Friday night 0-0 draw with Millwall, when he did pretty well in the face of some uncompromising football from the visitors; he cautioned 5 of theirs and, inevitably, Grant and Macca. He also did the home 1-1 draw with Wycombe, cautioning 3 of theirs and, yes you've guessed it, Macca.

Prior to that, his most recent visits were the season before last for the opening game win over Peterborough (when three visitors were cautioned) and later that season against Tranmere when we won 2-1 (again three visitors were cautioned). Before that was the 1-0 defeat against Carlisle three seasons ago in which his performance was probably better than the 8 cautions might imply. His other visit was in the previous season when he officiated in the Leicester home draw in which he sent off Richie Foran. Previously to these, he was in charge of the away draw at Coventry which I believe he refereed reasonably well.

He is an up and coming referee who had a spell in the the "talent group" and gets plenty of Championship appointments. His card count is on the lower side of average and he has just 7 yellows from 5 games this season.

Assistants are regular visitors Dave Bushell from London and Wes Linden from Middlesex. Fourth official will be the dimunutive Matt McLaughlin from Bedford.

Seem to remember him being OK in the Peterborough game. Not a name that stands out one way or the other, so can't be that bad....

His other visit was in the previous season when he officiated in the Leicester home draw in which he sent off Richie Foran.
Which to be fair was a no brainer of a decision that I doubt even the most one eyed Shrimper could have disagreed with.

Blimey,. He sounds like he almost might know what he's doing. Which would be a nice change.

I remember at Coventry I'm sure we had a goal line shout that was very close, although I guess it was more of the linesman's call as to whether it went over or not. Not sure whether it was over from recollection, although at the time we all claimed it like mad.

I remember at Coventry I'm sure we had a goal line shout that was very close, although I guess it was more of the linesman's call as to whether it went over or not. Not sure whether it was over from recollection, although at the time we all claimed it like mad.

That was an effort from Macca which the keeper spilled and then recovered before it had crossed the line.

That was an effort from Macca which the keeper spilled and then recovered before it had crossed the line.
You're becoming more obsessed than I ever was! How many times have you mentioned him in the space of just a few posts?! :p

Back