• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

If it is quietness you want them surely take him to the Emirates Stadium:smile:

It's hard to say what side of the fence I'm on. I'm neither going to defend nor criticise drunken fans because having a few beers is part of the awayday experience and beer affects behaviour sometimes for the bad. I am curious as to whether, on reflection, Benfleet would agree that a bit more research may have been appropriate. I don't underestimate the issues with coping with autism and I commend bringing anyone with additional care needs to games but it's not like taking someone to the opera or a theatre (or Saturday's pantomime)

Oh, I'm sorry, I never realised that Rotherham catered for away supporters that didn't want hear a wannabe mug screaming and abusing their staff. How silly do I feel that I didn't have the forethought to phone ahead and check that there was a area set aside for children who don't want the **** scared out of them by their own set of fans over a cup of water.

I really must check my ticket next time,

'Gobby ******s who like to abuse our staff this way'

'Normal people this way'

I was talking yesterday to another Southend fan who's son has autism. He is older than your son and now has a season ticket. He was talking about what clubs can do for home or away fans.

Just bit of advice with Gillingham and a boat trip to Charlton coming up soon. The most likely place to find ****ed up gobby idiots will be behind the goal. You can get a ticket in another part of the ground if that causes you or your boy problems.

I personally wouldn't even entertain taking my kids to an away game mainly due to the sheer number of idiots that go. Obviously not all football fans are selfish, inconsiderate, mindless d**kheads but from my experience there are a high number of them.

It should be normal for people to go to a football match and not hear idiots swearing all the time and making themselves look stupid. Why anybody should have to do research before they go to watch Southend I don't know, I can't begin to understand the reasoning behind that statement. How life would be better if these people didn't exist, trouble is they seem to be every where and not just watching Southend away.

Slightly off piste. I first took my son when he was 2yrs 4mths against Bolton and stood to the side of the North Bank. He loved it. Problem arose a few months later as I laid in an early morning bath, he came out of bedroom in full SUFC kit and headed for the garden. As he ran into the garden neighbours were treated to a chorus of "The referees a wecker" I get out the bath to a volley from the wife. Kids don't you just love 'em. them.

My question, why was a steward or police not called over to stop the tirade of abuse at staff

It would not be acceptable in a shop or restaurant , so why accept it at a football stadium?

From what A1 has written though the person was out of order, he was with his father, so why didn't he stop the rant,maybe the lesson is they learn from their parents and this is how they behave in public

UTS

A few things here I'd like to comment on:

I've been taking my kids and grandkids with me to Saturday home matches since they were 4 or 5. I took my daughter to away matches all over the country (including Leeds, Millwall, Cardiff etc.) from the age of 5 up to her mid-twenties. We had a "Referee's a Wacko moment or two (:)) and a few little incidents along the way, but she managed to get through all of that unscarred.

My grandson is 5 now but when he was younger didn't like the loud noises. We got him a set of ear defenders and all was OK. He still takes them with him but never wears them now.

When the kids are little I make sure I have plenty of snacks and sweets for them, nowadays I make sure I have a tablet or smartphone that they can play with too. I don't expect them to watch much football until they are 8 or 9. I also won't be surprised if they stop wanting to go.

I'm not sure what any of this means except I wouldn't worry about taking my kids/grandkids with me anywhere but would just make sure I was careful and sensible, and make sure I was sensitive to their needs. With regards to the OP, I wasn't there on Saturday so don't know all of the circumstances, but wasn't there an option of just walking away quickly to somewhere where there wasn't any problems?

My question, why was a steward or police not called over to stop the tirade of abuse at staff

It would not be acceptable in a shop or restaurant , so why accept it at a football stadium?

From what A1 has written though the person was out of order, he was with his father, so why didn't he stop the rant,maybe the lesson is they learn from their parents and this is how they behave in public

UTS

A lot of the stewards were the normal Northern doorman type, as I imagine they have to earn their money on Yorkshire derby days.

Not sure why this individual wasn't dealt with properly they threw one of our lot out very early. Whilst I was at the bar they called over someone to check a young lads ID as it looked a bit moody. His mates chuckled but they all behaved as the ID checker was a 6ft 6inch black geezer.

On a side note didn't one of our most famous faces from the 'old school' once give a fellow shrimper a good slap a few years ago, for abusing the burger girl in the West. That's way to solve the problem.

which is relevant because?

Because I'm describing him.

So if you were one of the 600 away fans behind the goal you would remember the very steward I'm talking about as he seemed to be in charge of others.......If that's OK with you of course.

So if you were one of the 600 away fans behind the goal you would remember the very steward I'm talking about as he seemed to be in charge of others.......If that's OK with you of course.
Apologies, could you possibly be more vague? I don't believe it relevant to state how someone looks when describing them and, in modern Britain, he could be trans-ethnic neutral...

I mean, police officers would have no chance of catching culprits if they can't describe how they looked!

You were implying he was more intimidating because he was black. You said "His mates chuckled but they all behaved as the ID checker was a 6ft 6inch black geezer."

If you'd said something like "His mates behaved because the ID was checked by the steward in charge, you know the 6ft 6 inch black bloke" then that would have been describing him.

just saying......

You were implying he was more intimidating because he was black. You said "His mates chuckled but they all behaved as the ID checker was a 6ft 6inch black geezer."

If you'd said something like "His mates behaved because the ID was checked by the steward in charge, you know the 6ft 6 inch black bloke" then that would have been describing him.

just saying......

Oh jeez here comes the PC "offended-by-everything" snowflake brigade!

It was a description. Get over yourself.

just saying......

I think I'd know my place if someone 6ft 6 was checking my ID whether he be white, black or pink

I'm sticking up for IOAG here. There was no reason to say black in the description. 6'6 will suffice.

why....he shouldn't be posting on here unless rigsby has checked his ID to make sure he was one of the 600 who travelled as they are only the ones allowed to make any comments on this game and the stewards etc etc

Back