• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

You were implying he was more intimidating because he was black. You said "His mates chuckled but they all behaved as the ID checker was a 6ft 6inch black geezer."

If you'd said something like "His mates behaved because the ID was checked by the steward in charge, you know the 6ft 6 inch black bloke" then that would have been describing him.

just saying......

Sorry to hear you are intimidated by black men. You really should tackle those white middle class ingrained opinions of black people.

I would prefer to call him a geezer thanks because geezers aren't intimidated.

I'm sticking up for IOAG here. There was no reason to say black in the description. 6'6 will suffice.

Since when can't you use the term black when describing a person. I would have used it if I was describing one of their CB's who had a good game because I can't remember his number or name.

I was talking yesterday to another Southend fan who's son has autism. He is older than your son and now has a season ticket. He was talking about what clubs can do for home or away fans.

Just bit of advice with Gillingham and a boat trip to Charlton coming up soon. The most likely place to find ****ed up gobby idiots will be behind the goal. You can get a ticket in another part of the ground if that causes you or your boy problems.

I'll try one more time for you and ORM. Good noise and bad noise. I can deal perfectly well with the bad noise by removing my son from it, which is what I did. We went below the stand where it was quieter. Problem dealt with. Then it kicked off at the food bar where the volume and swearing became a bad noise. That bad noise was triggered by someone causing trouble which should have never happened in the first place. It has nothing to do with anything else, it was one lout kicking off like a spoilt brat because he couldn't get something for nothing. I can remove my boy from a situation at any time but this unfolded directly in front of me which I had no warning of.

This thread is starting to remind me of a Bernard RightOn joke - So there was a black steward, a white steward and a pink steward - what a wonderful example of an integrated community

I'll try one more time for you and ORM. Good noise and bad noise. I can deal perfectly well with the bad noise by removing my son from it, which is what I did. We went below the stand where it was quieter. Problem dealt with. Then it kicked off at the food bar where the volume and swearing became a bad noise. That bad noise was triggered by someone causing trouble which should have never happened in the first place. It has nothing to do with anything else, it was one lout kicking off like a spoilt brat because he couldn't get something for nothing. I can remove my boy from a situation at any time but this unfolded directly in front of me which I had no warning of.

I was sympathetic to your tale until you decided the best course of action would have been to smash the guy up (which you would have had your son not been there with you). When would you have stopped the violence - blood on your shoe or when he stopped moving like Dobbin? I'm just not clear who is or isn't the bad guy in this sorry tale.

I was sympathetic to your tale until you decided the best course of action would have been to smash the guy up (which you would have had your son not been there with you). When would you have stopped the violence - blood on your shoe or when he stopped moving like Dobbin? I'm just not clear who is or isn't the bad guy in this sorry tale.

Well it wont be a problem now. My son is quite sure he doesn't want to go anymore. The runt and his mates can abuse people at away games to their hearts content in future.

This thread is starting to remind me of a Bernard RightOn joke - So there was a black steward, a white steward and a pink steward - what a wonderful example of an integrated community

Bernard Righton .. Top quality stuff! :smile:

Are you going to raise the race card ? There's nothing wrong at all describing someone by their looks, I'm fat big strawberry blond and white nice to meet you

None which are protected characteristics under any Equalities Act here or in the EU.

Neither is "ginger", but I note you chose the words "strawberry blond". Is that because you wouldn't want to be described as a big fat ginger bloke (you don't get black gingers)?

Anyway, the point of what I've just said is that I've used "ginger" and "black" in the same sentence, whilst suggesting (without any evidence at all the MBG doesn't like the word ginger or is indeed ginger). That is because "black" is utterly the correct term to describe someone who is "black", and if you call a "black" person "black" they will be ok with that. They wont be ok with some other terms and will be positively offended by others. As white people we don't have this problem because, well, we are in a positional of racial privelidge and haven't historically had to deal with racial slurs by other ethnicities. So it's worthwhile knowing what you should and shouldn't say, if only to avoid any embarrassment.

If MBG doesn't like being called ginger (and again, this is illiterative) it would be polite not to, but legally there is reason why you shouldn't. But if I met him and we talked about his hair colour, I would mindful to use "strawberry blond".

So "black steward" is absolutely fine because its a descriptor, and was not being used as a slur.

None which are protected characteristics under any Equalities Act here or in the EU.

Neither is "ginger", but I note you chose the words "strawberry blond". Is that because you wouldn't want to be described as a big fat ginger bloke (you don't get black gingers)?

Anyway, the point of what I've just said is that I've used "ginger" and "black" in the same sentence, whilst suggesting (without any evidence at all the MBG doesn't like the word ginger or is indeed ginger). That is because "black" is utterly the correct term to describe someone who is "black", and if you call a "black" person "black" they will be ok with that. They wont be ok with some other terms and will be positively offended by others. As white people we don't have this problem because, well, we are in a positional of racial privelidge and haven't historically had to deal with racial slurs by other ethnicities. So it's worthwhile knowing what you should and shouldn't say, if only to avoid any embarrassment.

If MBG doesn't like being called ginger (and again, this is illiterative) it would be polite not to, but legally there is reason why you shouldn't. But if I met him and we talked about his hair colour, I would mindful to use "strawberry blond".

So "black steward" is absolutely fine because its a descriptor, and was not being used as a slur.

Wesley Snipes proves otherwise
a970947b2d31977a551cd250f5515dfc--wesley-snipes-actors--actresses.jpg

Wes Brown ??

I see your Wes Brown, and raise you a Louis Saha... :smile:
louis-saha-pic-getty-images-774164252.jpg

Lord Football - a long point well made!

Side note - is this the most off topic thread in zone history? We started with a rant over burgers and now we have Louis Saha...

I was talking yesterday to another Southend fan who's son has autism. He is older than your son and now has a season ticket. He was talking about what clubs can do for home or away fans.

Just bit of advice with Gillingham and a boat trip to Charlton coming up soon. The most likely place to find ****ed up gobby idiots will be behind the goal. You can get a ticket in another part of the ground if that causes you or your boy problems.

Although away tickets aren't always sold so you can pick and choose your seat. Some clubs will insist on allocated seats, and if you're unlucky enough to be sat in the middle of it, you've got to look for a chance to swap or wait to see what seats are empty. Similarly, on the scaffolding at Gillingham, having to carefully watch my dad to make sure he got a seat right up the back of the stand. If it's unallocated, well, then, happy days.

Back