• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

yogi bear up the cagire

Life President⭐
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-35773649

No, this is not about the veracity or otherwise, of these leaked papers..........it's a more important question than that. We live in a western democracy........freedom of the press and all that b******s. So, from that point of view and in two senses, this doesn't add up.......or, at least, not as you're meant to read it. Firstly, imagine the situation in the office of Sky news when the envelope containing these papers dropped on their desk (I'm assuming it would be the same at the house of the German media, which was privileged with a copy of the same documents). Right guys, we've got a scoop here, a list of highly sensitive documents naming names and links...........let's publish and be damned! Do you believe that???? Naaaah, of course you don't! :smile: As much as I may hate Murdoch and his organisation, I don't believe thy're just plain stupid. You get a document as purportedly hot as this one and the first thing you would do would be to consult the government and its respective security services. Secondly, from the point of view of the security forces you can just imagine the scenario....can you not? An itelligence agent, somewhere in Cheltenham, sitting at his desk with a coffee, scanning the morning's news and suddenly comes across this. "Wow!" he says.... documents which give detailed information regarding names and recruitment details of IS.........."perhaps the Chief should know about this?!!!!" Not puting too fine a point on this, as a security service, if some scumbag of an editor put this sensational information out without consulting the relavent authorities, I would have him hung up by his testicles...........and that would be just a start!
Knowing the date these documents arrived at the media may help but there are clearly very important questions to ask and as I said, they don't start with whether the papers are genuine. Who's havin' a game and for what reason????
I had to laugh this morning when an announcer on Radio 5 live said that the secret services were scrutinising the documents. with that news I was able to turn over and get another hour's kip, confident and secure in the knowledge that the British security services were on the case! :smile:

In this day and age of satellite technology where the powers of the world can virtually pinpoint somebody speaking on their mobile

Yet they cannot locate the IS army:hilarious:

In this day and age of satellite technology where the powers of the world can virtually pinpoint somebody speaking on their mobile

Yet they cannot locate the IS army:hilarious:

You've seen too much 24.

Back