• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tottenham Hotspur at Wembley

RHB

I'm a Mod too⭐⭐
Staff member
White Hart Lane has a capacity of 36,284 and at Wembley last night there were 85,512 so financially it's a big thing for Spurs to play there. Given they have now lost their last two games at Wembley, there is more than a chance that they will not qualify for the next round of the cup. I wonder how many Spurs supporters would have swopped Wembley for WHL if it meant more points and more progress? Of course, they could still qualify for the knock out bit, but losing two of your home games really does make it difficult. Money talks eh?

Isn't it due to the redevelopment work at WHL that they are playing at Wembley? I was on the muck away there and its a massive site.

White Hart Lane has a capacity of 36,284 and at Wembley last night there were 85,512 so financially it's a big thing for Spurs to play there. Given they have now lost their last two games at Wembley, there is more than a chance that they will not qualify for the next round of the cup. I wonder how many Spurs supporters would have swopped Wembley for WHL if it meant more points and more progress? Of course, they could still qualify for the knock out bit, but losing two of your home games really does make it difficult. Money talks eh?

Money is king,sadly.

Wembley inspires the oppo,if the opponent raise their game by just 5% every player,it's damn hard to beat them.

Yep worst thing Spurs could of done is to play games at Wembley but money always come first in football I'm affraid, don't think there's much chance now of reaching the next stage as a dip in form in league and cup is now upon them:'(

Isn't it due to the redevelopment work at WHL that they are playing at Wembley? I was on the muck away there and its a massive site.

All the club publicity gives the redevelopment work as the reason. I probably worded my first post a bit clumsily, but my points were money talks (Wembley) and if I was a Spurs regular I would much rather watch these games at WHL, you know, a bit like they do for league games!

Yep they literally can not play at WHL for European matches, nothing to do with money. FA rules are lenient enough for them to play at WHL whilst redevelopment happens but UEFA rules deem it unfit for purpose.

All the club publicity gives the redevelopment work as the reason. I probably worded my first post a bit clumsily, but my points were money talks (Wembley) and if I was a Spurs regular I would much rather watch these games at WHL, you know, a bit like they do for league games!
That's because it really is the reason. They weren't allowed to play their Champions League games at WHL.

That's because it really is the reason. They weren't allowed to play their Champions League games at WHL.

I'm not doing very well on the 'being clear' stakes obviously. I'm not doubting their reasons, I'm purely commenting on the money from Wembley and what I thought Spurs regulars would prefer.

Whether it's White Hart Lane or Wembley I hope they lose all their games and get knocked out.

Whether it's White Hart Lane or Wembley I hope they lose all their games and get knocked out.

Very sad that,living here in Germany,Germans ALL want German teams to do well.
After little Leverkusen beating the Mighty Spurs,at WEMBLEY,made the Germans very happy.
How they laugh at us..all that money....and no idea how to use it properly

Very sad that,living here in Germany,Germans ALL want German teams to do well.
After little Leverkusen beating the Mighty Spurs,at WEMBLEY,made the Germans very happy.
How they laugh at us..all that money....and no idea how to use it properly

Really? I imagine FC Shalke fans must wet themselves when Borussia Dortmund get a tonking (or vice versa). Hardly the best of friends are they?

ive had a season ticket for 15 years for Nürnberg(FCN).
FCN team they "hate" most is Bayern, its like Man.u V Leeds or Liverpool.
Been to Bayern games many a time,think it was the last game at Olympia stadion(2005) V FCN.
Was on the train with many younger FCN fans ,also on the train was Bayern fans,i gave them stick coz Chelsea had just knocked them out of trhe champ .league..but my mates said to them NO..they wanted Bayern to win because Bayern were German and it was good for German football.
I know many FCN fans,only 2 people wanted Chelsea to win the final..2o12, one did not even like football!!

I go often with my mate(by car)..who is the "boss" of the local FCN fan club,the night before Bayern played in the final(2012) v Chelsea..he was phoned up by the local paper,photo etc..asked who wanted..FCN fan..Bayern in final...but was told..before the interview..dont forget..you are German...!!!

I support most English teams in Europe just not Chelsea, Tottenham or West Ham, anyone else I will root for them to win. If Colchester or Orient ever got into Europe I'd want them to lose also.

Lewis Hamilton is British I don't want him to win in the F1, Andy Murray is British (when it suits him) I don't want him to win. It's just how I am, why should I support someone or a team I don't like just because they are English/British.

Back