• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tottenham Hotspur

RHB

I'm a Gnu, how do you do!⭐⭐
Staff member
Spurs 3-0 away win at Manchester United tonight had 5 British players starting the game and a further 2 joining the game as subs, seven British players in total..................... just saying Premiership sides owners!!

I bloody loved that match!!...Should have been 5-0 in my opinion. They looked real class tonight and should have torn them to bits, you saw the fan's reaction on the telly, the stadium looked only just over half full with about 20 minutes to go.

I've always had a soft spot for Spurs, since watching Lineker, Klinnsman and Gazza play for them.

More so, I also love to see Mourinho squirm and the so called biggest club in England "Man Utd" lose in the Premiership.

Wasn't that Spurs biggest win at Old Trafford in nearly 50 years? & Jose's biggest home defeat for Man Utd in all competitions?

Sadly (on paper) with the exception of in form Watford (in September) and Chelsea (in October), Man ure seem to have a bit of an easy run until they face Man City in Mid November. Followed by Liverpool and Arsenal in December.

Last edited:
bf1165437d41245e146f844e6bddd703c45cc603_1_678x500.jpeg

I've always had a soft spot for Spurs, since watching Lineker, Klinnsman and Gazza play for them.

I can’t remember Klinsmann playing alongside Lineker and Gazza when we turned them over at the Hall. Are you confusing him with Pat Van Der Hauwe? :Winking:

Not sure if this is evidence clubs should use more British players considering United are actually quite good for using British players. United started the game with 4 English players (only 1 less than Spurs) and had 4 Brits on the bench (the 3 foreign players were the ones to come today on but Young, McTominay and Rashford are all regulars for them), and United were abysmal. Maybe if Spurs thrash City the argument would have more weight.

Great game and it was all about who took there chances, man Utd have been well below par for the past couple of years, clubs are no longer affraid to go out and attack man Utd sides, I said two years ago they need big changes and who ever the manager is in charge needs time to bring his own players in, trouble is you don't get time on your side when you boss of a bunch of man Utd has beens:Clap:

Not sure if this is evidence clubs should use more British players considering United are actually quite good for using British players. United started the game with 4 English players (only 1 less than Spurs) and had 4 Brits on the bench (the 3 foreign players were the ones to come today on but Young, McTominay and Rashford are all regulars for them), and United were abysmal. Maybe if Spurs thrash City the argument would have more weight.
We can probably produce conflicting evidence till the cows come home. My original post was trying to make the point that a Premiership team can be successful with British players making a big impact. I could argue that Arsenal very rarely include British players, and certainly not to the extent that Spurs have. I take your point about Man U, but at least they are giving home growns a chance.

Back