• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tottenham Schmottenham - Tonight's SIX Pointers

Moving on from the "nice" day out at Tottenham on Saturday, tonight we have a huge game against a team that tonked Newcastle 5-1 away in recent weeks. From what I saw of Birmingham at the Hall, they don't just look like a team full of the better players in the League, but a team that will be willing to kick us off the park to get a result - a little like Derby!

I really do not expect us to return with any points.
I will of course be delighted though if we do.

Just as important as our match though are the others playing tonight and at least one ear will be on the results of the teams surrounding us. It's guaranteed that at least two will drop points.

Hull (7 points ahead) face Leeds (0 points) at home.
Coventry (10 points) face Luton (7 points)
Barnsley (5 points) face QPR (6 points)

I'd take 0-0 draws at each game with sending-offs and season-long (but non-career-threatening injuries) at each game please, thank you.

Last edited:
Hull don't look bad at the moment, i'd take them winning, Cov beating Luton and any score in the Barnsley-QPR game really, with the Shrimpers getting a battling draw up at St. Andrews.

Best case scenario after tonight?

Birmingham 0 Southend 1
Hull 0 Leeds 0
Coventry 1 Luton 0
Barnsley 0 face QPR 0

New Table

Hull 30 32 -10
Luton 30 31 -14
QPR 30 31 -10
Barnsley 30 30 -17
Southend 30 27 -22
Leeds 29 25 -23

So things go well tonight (huge IF to get ALL of those results I realise) and it's just 4/5 points from safety with 16 games to play, and Leeds, Barnsley, QPR and Luton all due at the Hall.

Worst Case?

Birmingham 4 Southend 0
Hull 0 Leeds 3
Coventry 0 Luton 3
Barnsley 3 face QPR 0

New Table

Luton 30 34 -11
Barnsley 30 32 -14
Hull 30 31 -13
QPR 30 30 -13
Leeds 29 27 -20
Southend 30 24 -27

If it goes tits-up tonight, we can be as much as 8 points adrift when you take into account our goal difference. Even though we're playing Birmingham, we can't afford to write this one off - and the results around us are vital!

QPR to get spanked please. I've got £20 and a fair bit of office pride riding on us finishing above them this season.

I have faith in Southend but can't really see us getting at result at St Andrews tonight! I just hope that all the other results go in our favour!

we are due an upset...the pitch looks rough they were tonked at home on saturday think they will try hard but blues to catch them on the break away win 1 - 2

They are going to be out to kill us with Derby taking the lead over them. So this game could get fiesty! They are the only team that I am really scared of their squad is unreal!

If we get a point at St Andrew's I'll start to believe that the impossible can happen. 3 points and I'll probably have a seizure. Unfortunately I can't really see anything but a loss. Birmingham are a good side, which they should be with their budget. No doubt as well the ref will be a homer.

Worst Case?

Birmingham 4 Southend 0
Hull 0 Leeds 3
Coventry 0 Luton 3
Barnsley 3 face QPR 0

New Table

Luton 30 34 -11
Barnsley 30 32 -14
Hull 30 31 -13
QPR 30 30 -13
Leeds 29 27 -20
Southend 30 24 -27

If it goes tits-up tonight, we can be as much as 8 points adrift when you take into account our goal difference. Even though we're playing Birmingham, we can't afford to write this one off - and the results around us are vital![/QUOTE]

Presumably worse result is if we lose and QPR, Luton and Hull all win. We would then be 9 points from safety.

Leeds winning is a much better scenario than Hull winning, no matter what our result, we need as many teams in the s**** as possible, and Hull winning would edge them much closer to safety

Back