• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tour De France - Mark Cavendish

Another win for Cav who edges ever closer. Tough mountain stage tomorrow with not one but two climbs of the legendary Mont Ventoux, should be a great watch this one.
Yes. Cav also won a stage on today's date ten years ago in 2011. That is some riding.

Brilliant win for Wout van Aert on stage 11 considering he finished second yesterday contesting the bunch sprint with the Manx Missile and goes on to win one of the toughest mountain stages in the Tour the day after.

A couple of flat stages coming up before we head into the Pyrenees.

I went to Ventoux a few years back and tried to drive to the top, in May, and the road was snow closed before the tree line was reached so we never got to the barren part.
There are a few bike shops in the town below that rent bikes by the day so day trippers can cycle to the top, conditions permitting.
Need to go back and give it a turn!

Mercifully cool for the stages in the Pyrénées this year. (windy, almost cold and just having a shower here!) First time I can remember my home town being featured twice in the same Tour. This afternoon the finishing line is on the other side of town, ending after a small hill which used to form part of the old motor racing circuit. Tomorrow (our National Day) the stage starts at Muret (near Toulouse) and passes through Saint Gaudens between 12h/14h30 (if you include the caravan!:Smile:)

Ive
I went to Ventoux a few years back and tried to drive to the top, in May, and the road was snow closed before the tree line was reached so we never got to the barren part.
There are a few bike shops in the town below that rent bikes by the day so day trippers can cycle to the top, conditions permitting.
Need to go back and give it a turn!

I've ridden it from both sides, its unbelievably hard. As you go through the trees it's hot and very humid, then as you go past the tree line the sun hits you and you bake the rest of the way up! Thought I was going to have a heart attack once I got to the top, but it's a great experience

Mercifully cool for the stages in the Pyrénées this year. (windy, almost cold and just having a shower here!) First time I can remember my home town being featured twice in the same Tour. This afternoon the finishing line is on the other side of town, ending after a small hill which used to form part of the old motor racing circuit. Tomorrow (our National Day) the stage starts at Muret (near Toulouse) and passes through Saint Gaudens between 12h/14h30 (if you include the caravan!:Smile:)

Didn't the tour always used to finish on 14 th July by going through Paris? (Or am I a few years out of date as a non-cycling fan).

Last edited:
Back