• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tour de France

Mad Cyril

The Fresh Prince of Belfairs⭐⭐
I don't really follow cycling but the Tour De France is one of those events I find compelling viewing. (The US Masters is another)

Any fans here?

Yeah it’s great. Such bad luck for Jumbo Visma today. They might have expected to lose the yellow jersey today but to have both GC contenders lose big chunks of time must be gutting.

WvA retains the yellow. Great ride to limit his losses today and bring back Vindegaard but Powless and Pogacar the big GC winners today.

Who is UK’s best rider with a chance of winning? I stopped watching it a while back. Used to really enjoy it.

Who is UK’s best rider with a chance of winning? I stopped watching it a while back. Used to really enjoy it.

Win what?

Geraint Thomas is probably the best British rider riding for GC (general classification aka the yellow jersey) but a good tour this year would probably be a podium finish.

Adam Yates is probably the best British chance of a stage win but his preparations were hit by Covid. He might take a mountain stage.

Tom Pidcock might be the best bet for a random breakaway win - if Ineos let him stage hunt.

Win what?

Geraint Thomas is probably the best British rider riding for GC (general classification aka the yellow jersey) but a good tour this year would probably be a podium finish.

Adam Yates is probably the best British chance of a stage win but his preparations were hit by Covid. He might take a mountain stage.

Tom Pidcock might be the best bet for a random breakaway win - if Ineos let him stage hunt.
What happened to Chris Froome?

Thomas is in good form, but pogacar is looking good. But as the old saying goes you cant win the tour in the first week but you can lose it!

What a race yesterday, like many don't follow cycling, but boy are these guys tough.

Just hope there is no doping scandal this year, let the best man win on strength not drugs as all sports

Pogacar takes yellow and is looking strong, but ineos have alot if riders up there in the gdc. Pidcock is going well and 39 seconds of, only takes pogacar to have a bad day and all to ride for

What a finish today it was evil surface at the end.You have to feel sorry for the young German rider who thought he had done it only for Pogacar to pass him and win.

Pogacar looks good for yellow in Paris. seems to be the way now, small attacks on the first week picking up time here and there. Then defend your lead for next two weeks. Long gone are the days of massive insane attacks to win.

Pogacar looks good for yellow in Paris. seems to be the way now, small attacks on the first week picking up time here and there. Then defend your lead for next two weeks. Long gone are the days of massive insane attacks to win.

We'll see - he struggled yesterday and has lost yellow.

We'll see - he struggled yesterday and has lost yellow.
Shows what I know! Amazed he cracked on the last climb as was looking good. He said after he didnt know what happened either! Its all to ride for now. Today might see the pack shuffled again

Yesterday's stage certainly shock up the GC. The question is will they go for it again on the Alpe d'Heuz today or will they be 'recovering' and waiting for the Pyrenees

I'll have to make sure I watch the highlights of this one,

At 22, Britain's Tom Pidcock becomes the youngest man to win a Tour stage on Alpe d'Huez, a record that's stood since 1984.

I'll have to make sure I watch the highlights of this one,

At 22, Britain's Tom Pidcock becomes the youngest man to win a Tour stage on Alpe d'Huez, a record that's stood since 1984.
And fully deserved …he didn’t hide and then pop up to snatch it at the end he thoroughly earnt his win

Back