• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tourist Stuff in Liverpool

Looking for a few tips

On way back from our away game at Blackpool in a couple of weeks the missus and me are stopping off in Liverpool on the Sunday. Will be getting there mid morning and want to do some tourist stuff in the city until we meet up with friends there in the eve. Beatles stuff, Cavern Club etc would be good but there are a few confusing options out there it seems and not sure which is best

Anyone got any tips?

Thanks

Maritime museum
Tate liverpool
Mersey ferry
Liverpool museum
Baltic market
Liverpool cathedral

I haven’t been there, but the statues at Crosby beach are meant to be impressive, my wife wants to go and see them

I haven’t been there, but the statues at Crosby beach are meant to be impressive, my wife wants to go and see them

these are very good, they're about 20 mins outside of the city centre.

The Ropewalks area is lively on a weekend evening for bars and restaurants.

We did a couple of good tourist walks, one of which has since ceased, but one we did was called Shiverpool. That's a pretty good way to spend a couple of hours.

Looking for a few tips

On way back from our away game at Blackpool in a couple of weeks the missus and me are stopping off in Liverpool on the Sunday. Will be getting there mid morning and want to do some tourist stuff in the city until we meet up with friends there in the eve. Beatles stuff, Cavern Club etc would be good but there are a few confusing options out there it seems and not sure which is best

Anyone got any tips?

Thanks
Lock your car doors and don't forget those locking wheel nuts.

What ever you decide just make sure you steer clear of Stanley Park. Last time I went, a mate got his Sheepskin coat nicked by some pool thugs.

Years ago, most people that went to Liverpool, did so to leave by ship.

The Philharmonic Dining rooms. Decent ales, good food and great old building

I used to love going up to Liverpool when my son was in uni there.
Personally, I loved the shopping but I would recommend a nice walk along the Albert Docks

Apart from those things already mentioned which are all great Starvin Marvins on the main drag in. Just walking around the town if you are a Beatles fan seeing things like the statue of Eleanor Rigby sitting on a bench and several others which you just bump into.

Matthew street is of course a must not just for the replacement Cavern which to me is a spiritual home even if it isn't the original. If you haven't been to Anfield that is worth a visit and obviously quite moving with the Plaque outside the ground naming those that passed at Hillsborough.

Looking at the Liver building always reminds me of my youth and the TV programme The Liver Birds. Liverpool has so much history it really is a fabulous place to visit.

Back