• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

dashman

Dash De Shrimper
In the new stadium I would like to put forward an (work in progress!) idea that we start a tradition.

As our team, at this time of year, visits the local hospital to raise some cheer to all the kids stuck therein, would something along these lines be fun in mid December?

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/17122010/58/hockey-fans-throw-23-096-teddy-bears-ice-rink.html

Large or small (presents) could then be delivered by our players to the hospital for the kids. I would love for the ref to have to pause the game but realistically it would have to be halftime?

Putting this open to the SZ 'pitch' for sensible responses, thank you......

Trouble is Dash, I can see a few people lobbing presents on during the match and so causing a little chaos when the ref is "inadvertently" ko'd!

Have to say that is a cracking idea, soft toys arn't expensive, the club could even sell them outside the ground before kick off - Win, Win, Win.

Although we maybe a little late for this year...

Trouble is would the stewards let you in the ground with a pre packed present, without demanding you had to open it to prove you did'nt have food, drink, weapon! inside?.

This is why I love Ice Hockey, because they reach out to their fanbases and communities. Something like this would be good but it only works in Ice Hockey because they have 20 minute intervals and nothing happens during them normally, whereas in football you have the penalty shoot-outs and the Blue Bells, for us anyway. Would be great to see it though.

This is why I love Ice Hockey, because they reach out to their fanbases and communities. Something like this would be good but it only works in Ice Hockey because they have 20 minute intervals and nothing happens during them normally, whereas in football you have the penalty shoot-outs and the Blue Bells, for us anyway. Would be great to see it though.
Ice Hockey is like Rugby. A game invented by faggots who can't pass the ball properly.:winking:

How about throwing money onto the pitch so that the players get paid for Christmas? Oh no, wait... that's what our season tickets are for.

Wouldn't the toys get all muddy if thrown on the pitch at this time of year?

Maybe we could wrap them up in Sainsbury's bags lol

Back