• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Train seats to go on C2C Line from next month...

Vange Shrimper

Mrs Rock God
THE number of seats on the busy c2c line from Shoebury to Fenchurch Street will be cut from next month.

The rail company will reduce the number of carriages on six trains to carry out a maintenance programme, which it must complete before its franchise runs out in 2011.

Four of the trains will be cut from eight carriages to four. These are:

The 5.47am from Southend Central to Fenchurch Street
The 8.13am from Pitsea to Fenchurch Street
The 5.18pm from Fenchurch Street to Southend
the 7.40pm from Fenchurch Street to Shoebury.
The 5.50pm from Fenchurch Street to Shoebury and the 7.14pm Thorpe Bay to Fenchurch Street will be cut from 12 carriages to eight.

Ellen Rossiter, spokeswoman for the company, said: “We have communicated information about these changes in advance and will keep the arrangements under review.”

Just what we need.....

To be fair, this actually was communicated in their newsletter as well, and regular commuters will just get a different train.

7.22 from Laindon remands unaffected and if C2C could ensure that the daily totty amount is always kept on a similar ratio as this morning I'll be more than happy to continue using their service. It was fantastic!

The DLR on the other hand...............don't get me started on these jokers. Regular trains but sooooooo overcrowded, luckily the trip down to Cross Harbour only takes 10 mins. Never had to fight and jostle to get on train before.

Hardly a disaster, the quick trains straight to Benfleet are mainly unaffected (other than adding an Upminster stop to the always quiet 5:15 which is a shame) and are easy to get a seat on.

I don't think C2C passengers can have too much to complain about, it's a very good service these days.

Couldn't give a **** , i never get a seat in the morning anyway on teh 7.08 from Benfleet and rarely get one on teh way home , normal service for me then , will get loads of moaning ****ers on the train now , ipod turned up full whack it is then !!

Couldn't give a **** , i never get a seat in the morning anyway on teh 7.08 from Benfleet and rarely get one on teh way home , normal service for me then , will get loads of moaning ****ers on the train now , ipod turned up full whack it is then !!

The 6:39 is pretty quiet.

Unless you enjoy etching windows, slashing seats and vandalising toilets in which case it is not quiet enough.

Last edited:
Glad I'm quitting my London job then.

Thank the lord for work from home positions.

no real busy services affected

Hopefully C2C renew there franchise in 2011, is a very good service compared to some

believe me, C2C is luxurious compared to the trains oop here... Northern Rail and East Midland Rail are an absolute disgrace, the service is shocking and the trains are like sardine tins with the smell of pies and poverty mixed in

I don't commute to London often but when I do I find that C2C is streets ahead of the Liverpool St. line.

Grrrrr was in a rush at Limehouse tonight and jumped on the train. All was fine until the train veered off course towards Ockenden instead of towards Laindon.

I just had a longer commute than usual around the Essex marshes, that'll teach me not to read the signs properly. :thumbdown:

Back