• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Train ticket prices.

Ricey

I’m a Mod, that’s unpossible⭐⭐
Staff member
I just had to sort out a train ticket to get from Melton Mowbray in Leicestershire to Wymondham in Norfolk. Now I don't know if I have done something wrongs along the way but when I did a single from Melton Mowbarry to Wymondham it came out at £42.50. I was thinking wow! That's expensive.

So I then decided to look at the route and I change at Ely. Now I thought what would the price be if I do individual tickets from Melton Mowbarry to Ely then Ely to Wymondham.

The prices came out at:
Melton Mowbarry to Ely - £10.00
Ely to Wymondham - £13.80

WHAT! That's nearly half price. Have I gone wrong somewhere or are national rail thieving *******s who hope that people don't realise they can do this and rip them of all their money?

Thats some saving and guess its because they discount singles because most people dont want them. Defies logic though when you can then buy two singles cheaper than a return.

Rail prices are a joke anyway, when I used to get a train to the lake district it used to cost about £80 if I used trainline and bought well in advance. Could fly abroad for less.

Also had a time a year or two ago when working in docklands when I asked for a monthly season ticket and was told by the chap behind the counter not to bother as it was cheaper just to buy daily tickets.

I think it's a fair cop. If I was faced with someone who couldn't spell Melton Mowbray then I'd have a go at charging them a ridiculous price just to see if they noticed.

Perhaps you were given the price from Barry, South Wales.

Apologies that was my iPad that changed it to that and I didn't notice.

Back