• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Training ground gossip

Ayrshire Blue

The Custard Splat
Yesterday I went down to Boots & Laces to have lunch with Michael Timlin, as part of TravelZone's sponsorship.

Chris Barker and Liam Dickinson were there as well with a couple of other fans.

- As far as everyone is concerned Tuesday night never happened. (which would indicate Bilel is staying)

- All the players are still upset at missing out on Anfield but all admit that winning the league would soften the blow.

- They can't wait for the Bradford game. They feel they owe the fans a performance after Cheltenham.

- Barker was in a protective boot and on crutches but this makes his injury look a lot worse. He is expecting to be fit for Boxing Day.

- Despite what's been in the papers Timlin remained very tight-lipped on his future. If it was down to him, he'd already be our player but the final decision will be made over his head. Couldn't praise Sturrock enough, "I just can't stop playing for him"

- All the players were there bar JJ. They all hang around after training playing pool or just having a chat.

- Barry Corr had a pretty big brace on his knee but was walking.

I was rather hoping that you might have some additional information concerning Crawford, Ayrshire Blue, as I can't remember the timescale behind his injury (operation?).

If Crawford was on the road to recovery, then his appearance on the subs bench in the next couple of weeks (say) could give another useful option to Sturrock ............

HE'S ALIVE!!

SUFC have been very quiet with his injury, would have been nice to just update us saying his op went ok! Martin Out!

He seemed in good enough spirits. Was having a laugh and a joke with Grant and Sawyer.

So positive to read this post. Good news to hear that Tuesday is forgotten about and that the players all seem to be in good spirits for tonights big game.

Fingers crossed they give it their all tonight and we get a good win!

Yesterday I went down to Boots & Laces to have lunch with Michael Timlin, as part of TravelZone's sponsorship.

Chris Barker and Liam Dickinson were there as well with a couple of other fans.

- As far as everyone is concerned Tuesday night never happened. (which would indicate Bilel is staying)

- All the players are still upset at missing out on Anfield but all admit that winning the league would soften the blow.

- They can't wait for the Bradford game. They feel they owe the fans a performance after Cheltenham.

- Barker was in a protective boot and on crutches but this makes his injury look a lot worse. He is expecting to be fit for Boxing Day.

- Despite what's been in the papers Timlin remained very tight-lipped on his future. If it was down to him, he'd already be our player but the final decision will be made over his head. Couldn't praise Sturrock enough, "I just can't stop playing for him"

- All the players were there bar JJ. They all hang around after training playing pool or just having a chat.

- Barry Corr had a pretty big brace on his knee but was walking.

Who was the better pool player? Bart or Flavs?

Back