• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Training recommendation please

* ORM *

Still Loves Emma Bunton. Roy McDonough is God!
Flying the flag for SUFC in Sai Kung, Hong Kong
Remembering that I am Div VI.

After just one week of stamina training all my first team and reserve midfielders are excellent or better except for one reserve solid.

As I'm training defenders stamina, to some extent, is neglible as I would guess half of them will be sold this season anyway.

I'm considering switching back to defending to get an extra week's training in for 5 of them.

I'm weak on SPs though I might sort that through the transfer market.

Switch to defending, Stay with stamina. Switch to SPs or something else ?

Thoughts ?

Either defending or passing I would have though.

No point in training stamina when all but one of your midfield are excellent, and I don't see the point in a single set piece session.

I've gone for 5 defenders myself this week.

Cheers chaps - defending it is - and although it is a cup match I don't need to worry about picking a strong team so I'll the 5 on training merit/closeness to popping alone.

I have an excellent that is so close to popping. I got 4 stars for first time this week and shown as 75% trained in HAM but I haven't adjusted the training formula since I bought the solid coach.  It may well happen next week. I could then finance the formidable striker I need right at the start of the season. I have 200K in the bank to cover the price diifference between formidable defenders and strikers though from what I've seen bargains are always available if you are patient and log in at odd hours.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ Sep. 09 2005,12:45)]I got 4 stars for first time this week
You've got a long way to go....
biggrin.gif

Am currently bidding on 17 yr old inadequate passers and PMs, quite cheap and will train PM. Thanks to Birri for that advice
smile.gif
I'm not bothered that they will turn 18 soon, what's 1 week gonna do?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ Sep. 09 2005,17:37)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (MrB @ Sep. 09 2005,15:59)]
[b said:
biggrin.gif
Small acorns (but Mrs ORM has never complained).

How many seasons in HT Mr B ?

biggrin.gif
Sorry, I was obviously being too subtle in trying to infer that you were stating your team star total.

3 seasons ORM. Let's see where you are at the end of next season.....
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (MrB @ Sep. 09 2005,23:30)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ Sep. 09 2005,17:37)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (MrB @ Sep. 09 2005,15:59)]
[b said:
biggrin.gif
Small acorns (but Mrs ORM has never complained).

How many seasons in HT Mr B ?

biggrin.gif
Sorry, I was obviously being too subtle in trying to infer that you were stating your team star total.

3 seasons ORM.  Let's see where you are at the end of next season.....  
biggrin.gif
Well I have better chances than I first thought - first place team deliberately threw his play off - but I did ok against him last season and shouldn't be a problem this year

2nd placed team gave up weeks ago - never understood why as they were streaking the division - new owner starting from scratch.

3rd and 4th are both toughened HT players who keep changing tactics/formation, something I need to be better at this year. The other three are cack except one is a new team about a month old and the owner obviously knows what they are doing.

Aiming for top 3 so unlikely to surpass your accomplishments achieved in the early days against computer teams
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Right, have got 5 trainees that are inad inad at worse, do I need more? I'm gonna play 3-5-2 so they can play every game. Also does it matter if they play on the wing? As 2 of them will do.

muse on the wing try to get cheap solid 18 yr old wingers with inadequate pm as they are cheap and if they play all season will have passable pm by the end of the season.

I am training PM again this season I have 4 wingers so they go up 1 level of PM for the whole season and 7 PMs. 3 will be my first choice 2 of the reserve 3 will at a push play in the first team incase of injuries and I have one backup incase of injuries who may play in the reserves once one of the reserves goes up if I dont get any injuries.

Back