• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Watermill Wino

Coach Guru⭐
Went to the park today to have alook at the 07/08 Champions. They all looked refreshed after their breaks and couldn't wait to the season to start.
Freddy WAS there and was constantly getting ribbed by Clarkey "what's the latest rumour about you today then?"
Darryl did have his two little fingers taped up just as a precaution, Bailey thought it would be great playing home games without a slope to contend with.
Paynter was happy to be back in the South when asked and Black has a half decent turn of speed. Che had the same top as the rest of the lads and Adam was enjoying the fatherhood thing, especailly the lack of sleep.Adam added that he felt 100% after the op and for the first time in ages could run without pain or reaction, touch wood.
Lewis was training and was still alittle sore after his op but was running freely.
Asked Hoops if he had signed his new 7 year contract yet he replied "you never know."

Tilly was with Lee Turner, Dean Austin and Brushy and looking at the set up it was very impressive. When asked is he looking forward to being undefeated this season he said "we are at the moment". Great positive vibes coming from the lads and I can't wait till the season starts again.

good report although i dont understand the bit about black. how did the new signings look?

Cheers for the update, were they all working together well? What was morale like?

Good report there mate.

Hopefully things will pick up this season, the squad seem up for it. Lets just hope their up for it come the start of the season and beyond.

Adam added that he felt 100% after the op and for the first time in ages could run without pain or reaction, touch wood.

Obviously a lot of what you wrote was tongue-in-cheek and rather humourous but I'm guessing this is maybe how AB feels.

Having just gone through a simiar op, I've no idea how he was back in such a short time playing professional football. Even coughing is like somebody has aimed a flame-thrower at your insides, so twisting and turning at speed must be agony!

Re Black, he was fast off the blocks and the moral was pretty good.Macdonald looks like he can handle the rough and tumble of L1 and Mac was still sporting his blonde locks. JCR with his new beard was apprehensive about getting in the team for some reason but was still upbeat.

I've seen the lads train over the last 3 seasons and this one although the second day of training seems more polished and professional.This is not saying that past sessions weren't but we looked like a Premier team training than a L1 . There also seems to be a resolve with the lads from last year that we've got business to do and want to get at it asap.

Last edited:
What role was D A Taking, did the players like his styles? Anything new and adventurous?

This is not saying that past sessions weren't but we looked like a Premier team training than a L1 . There also seems to be a resolve with the lads from last year that we've got business to do and want to get at it asap.

I agree with that, any time i spoke to them when the season had finished, they seemed like they genuinely wanted to stay and help us get back to where they belong to be. I asked Hammell, Clarkey, Macca etc whether they wanted to leave and they all replied no, we've got some unfinished business or in macca's case, "we put ourselves in this division, it's up to us to get out of it, the fans deserve it", which i thought was nice touch.

Re Black, he was fast off the blocks and the moral was pretty good.Macdonald looks like he can handle the rough and tumble of L1 and Mac was still sporting his blonde locks. JCR with his new beard was apprehensive about getting in the team for some reason but was still upbeat.

I've seen the lads train over the last 3 seasons and this one although the second day of training seems more polished and professional.This is not saying that past sessions weren't but we looked like a Premier team training than a L1 . There also seems to be a resolve with the lads from last year that we've got business to do and want to get at it asap.

Good report Wino, makes you want to puff your chest out and stick a tenner on the boys this season. Hang on, let's not get carried away yet.

What role was D A Taking, did the players like his styles? Anything new and adventurous?

Tilly was giving the instructions and Timed the exercise while DA and Brushy gave encouragement closer to hand. Lee Turner was with Darryl and Collis practising on their own.
There was a scout in a car which had Cambridge garage marks on the plate, he was on the phone and watching preceeding from the car park.

There was another guy training with them today and from what I could earsdrop on he was from Dagenham and Redbridge but was released, I think He was also mates with lewis.

Last edited:
Talk to managers afterwards. A lot of scouts turn up when you don't want them too trust me:D

Just come back from the gym and saw the players there working out. They seemed in good spirits and were in groups doing different exercises.

Baily was a lot bulkier than he looked from the pictures on the OS and yes Harrold's hair does look really bad:eek:

Spoke to one of the training staff whom i didn't recognise, (he had SP on his kit) and he said they were pretty confident for the coming season now that they had strengthend the squad, and that Forest would probably be the team to beat.

Most of the players were in the pool at this point apart from Freddy so wished him good luck for the coming season, and i though it was funny that they all had a towel laid out with their numbers on! (pampered or what!!)

Unfortunately I didn't get to have a proper conversation with any of the lads but it was good to see what seemed like a good team spirit :D

Back