• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Training today!

wiggy

Darryl's Love Child
Three keepers put through there paces, Morris, Evans and Clark Masters. By far the best was Masters, excellent reflexes, handling, made the other two look like amateurs. On the shooting front far more accurate than last year all of them however the one that stood out a mile was Blair Sturrock, never missed and went in like a rocket. On the whole very positive signs!

Wiggles, please don't develop a strange fascination with BS, all because you know 99.9% of us don't want him anywhere near the first XI.

Strange, why would we be looking at a third keeper.
Blair will be our secret weapon, 25 goals, 20 assists and a move to Chelsea next summer.

Wiggles, please don't develop a strange fascination with BS, all because you know 99.9% of us don't want him anywhere near the first XI.

Speak for yourself, I'm yet to see him play with a blue shirt one... and therefore I'll reserve judgement.

Yes he doesn't have a great record, and yes sons playing under fathers tend to be toilet... however let's give the lad a chance first.

Speak for yourself, I'm yet to see him play with a blue shirt one... and therefore I'll reserve judgement.

Yes he doesn't have a great record, and yes sons playing under fathers tend to be toilet... however let's give the lad a chance first.

This.

Three keepers put through there paces, Morris, Evans and Clark Masters. By far the best was Masters, excellent reflexes, handling, made the other two look like amateurs. On the shooting front far more accurate than last year all of them however the one that stood out a mile was Blair Sturrock, never missed and went in like a rocket. On the whole very positive signs!

And, are you sure it was Clark Masters and not Daniel Bentley? Masters was sold to Aldershot last Summer IIRC.

Last edited:
Blair Sturrock doesn't have the best record and it wouldn't be an easy signing for his dad to make. I'll be reserving my judgement.

Omg, wiggy is being positive, in a post about keepers, on Shrimperzone, without any moaning in sight?!
:O

This must be signs of positive news to come... lets hope!

This.

And, are you sure it was Clark Masters and not Daniel Bentley? Masters was sold to Aldershot last Summer IIRC.

It was definately Masters and he was definately better than the other two!

It was definately Masters and he was definately better than the other two!

Whenever I hear the name Clark Masters I can't help but think back to that Revelling In It when Masters punched through a window at the hotel for an away game. Revell and Franno had been hiding outside making ghost noises or something and when Masters saw something at the window he threw a right hook straight through the window.

Classic and got to be worth a contract just for that.

Whenever I hear the name Clark Masters I can't help but think back to that Revelling In It when Masters punched through a window at the hotel for an away game. Revell and Franno had been hiding outside making ghost noises or something and when Masters saw something at the window he threw a right hook straight through the window.

Classic and got to be worth a contract just for that.

If he was that assertive with his goalkeeping I am sure he would be Southend's number 1!!

He should have said ' I've made another 2 major ricks in Masters and Joyce as they are both crap, Mildenhall is slightly better but not by much so yet again we have some personnel here that will be paid wages but are of next to no use to us'

But who the hell scouts these players. Not totally convinced by Joyce but can't be any worse and don't think Masters will ever make it. To think we have got rid of two that were well adequate is yet another very bad management decision!

I see him today and he looked quite imposing. Didn't really have a save to make but caught a couple in the air and looked an improvement on Collis. However first impressions with Joyce and Masters is that Collis is better than both. Back to Mildenhall and kicking was good and vocally didn't shut up. Left shoulder Ad, right shoulder Ad, out defence, hold ya line defence, booming throughout. Sounds a good organiser although wether the defenders would prefer to do there own thing without badgering from him, better ask the captain. Anyway first impressions he's an improvement on Cumbersome, Bart, Collis but he aint had to stop anything yet, bring on the Fulham

If Master's ever makes first choice keeper then i will hand in me Shrimperzone membership!

Believe me Flavs is a god compared to what is available with our purse strings just wait and see. Having seen Masters a couple of times, young or not i wouldn't put him infront of Danny Gay, Cumbersome, Ryan Robinson etc, yet we offer him a deal, very cheap i suppose. As for the others, why bother building a new stadium if you can't gamble a bit on what has been achieved in the last few years, don't let them take the **** but at least push the boat out a bit, remember Constantine, got us out the **** single handidly and we offered to up the wages from 500 a week to 700. Crowds have been good recently and a promotion and a couple of trips to Cardiff must have got us a few quid. The way Martin and his war chest is going we will always be a League 1/2 conference side playing to an audience of between 2 to 9 thousand!

Is this the same Clark Masters as in the posts I've quoted?

Wasn't Clark Masters the lad who started a touchline punch up last year when, whilst seated on the bench as a sub, he lobbed a ball at a player on the opposition who was about to take a throw in?

Wasn't Clark Masters the lad who started a touchline punch up last year when, whilst seated on the bench as a sub, he lobbed a ball at a player on the opposition who was about to take a throw in?

YEp it was, I think I remember Revs saying that he was particularly fiery, and was often the butt of their jokes on away trips.

Last edited:
Quite liked Masters, thought he was unlucky to be overlooked in favour of Joyce.

Quite liked Masters, thought he was unlucky to be overlooked in favour of Joyce.

I got to speak to Clark alot last year via work and he's seems a really nice guy. Last I heard he was on trial at Brighton last week. Not sure why we need a third keeper at the moment as weak in other areas but good to see Sturrock still looking bring player in.

Back