• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Training

Barmy Army

Director
How did everyone do?

11 pops in stamina in our first week, very pleasing.

Excellent striker popped to passable form (best so far) so should bang in at least one in my qualifier

18 of our 22 players popped in stamina, including our IM captain to formidable. In MtS style we're currently:

1 x Formidable
7 x Excellent
3 x Solid
6 x Passable
3 x Inadequate
2 x Weak

2 more weeks of stamina training on the cards, just hope my new signing gets a 2 level pop!

one Excellent winger & one passable
wink.gif

I've switced to Stamina and over half my team have popped some two levels. Is this normal with Stamina? Some players who didn't even play have increased? Does stamina training affect the whole squad regardless of playing a game? If I stick with it this week will they continue to rise or was I just lucky?

Has anyone got a link to the training/no of weeks table that on one of the hatrick websites?

No training pops for me though I did get three experience improvements, four positive and one negative form changes.

Am I right in saying that Fridays are the best day to change training routines to incorporate the following Sunday's game and the following midweek's cup/friendly game ?

Are there any pre-season quirks on switching training back to my normal routine ? (In the same vein that one of the youth pulls in the next couple of weeks is deferred to a Sunday rather than the Friday).

I need to switch to stamina training for a couple of weeks.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (MrB @ May 13 2005,00:28)]In MtS style
biggrin.gif

I'm still training stamina because of the new IM that I've bought. Pleasingly, he has already popped from inadequate to passable in his first week... at that rate, we should only need two more weeks until he's up to excellent, and then I can finally train something else.

By then, everyone in the squad should be up to excellent stamina at least... so won't need to do the MtS style chart of stamina pops!

tounge.gif

Matt

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ May 13 2005,09:30)]Am I right in saying that Fridays are the best day to change training routines to incorporate the following Sunday's game and the following midweek's cup/friendly game ?
ORM you can change anytime up untill thursday im not sure of the time I always change mine thursday evening/friday morning after the latest changes.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bucks_blue @ May 13 2005,09:03)]Has anyone got  a link to the training/no of weeks table that on one of the hatrick websites?
Training takes time
the training time depends on trained skill, training intensity, coach plus assistant coaches.
for 17 year olds with 100% training intensity, a solid coach and 9 assistant coaches.
for each additional year of age or every step below solid coach you should roughly add one week to these values:
skill weeks trains whom / notes

Goalkeeper 5 with 9 goalkeeping-coaches
Defending 8 trains wingbacks and central defs the same amount
Defensive positions 16* trains inner-mids, wingers and defenders
Playmaking for inner-midfielders 7 inner-mids get 100% of playmaking training
Playmaking for wingers 14 wingers get 50% of playmaking training
Scoring 6-7 trains forwards only
Winger 5 trains wingbacks (50%) and wingers (100%)
Short Passes 5 trains inner-mids, wingers and forwards
Through Passes 6* trains inner-mids, wingers and defenders
Shooting for scoring skill * trains all outfielders that actually played that week
Shooting for set-pieces skill * trains all players
Set-Pieces 2 << regardless of age; trains all players
Stamina 1-2 trains all players, reduces form of squad!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bucks_blue @ May 13 2005,09:03)]I've switced to Stamina and over half my team have popped some two levels. Is this normal with Stamina? Some players who didn't even play have increased? Does stamina training affect the whole squad regardless of playing a game? If I stick with it this week will they continue to rise or was I just lucky?

Has anyone got  a link to the training/no of weeks table that on one of the hatrick websites?
Stamina trains the entire squad regardless of whether they play or not. Only stamina and set-pieces do this, which is why they are both popular options to train in the close season.

The training close season starts from today, (as last week you would have played 2 games) so I'm surprised that so many people are training stamina already. I suppose if you have midfielders with low stamina you want to get your stamina training out of the way, so to give you more time to recover form.

As for my training, I was very pleased that two of my strikers who I want to sell popped. The 19yo is at last now formidable and the 20yo brilliant. I'm going to train passing over the close season and sell them as soon as they pop in passing as they will be too old to train next season.

Couple of defensive pops to excellent plus on of my 17 yr olds has popped to formidable
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Birri @ May 13 2005,10:01)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ May 13 2005,09:30)]Am I right in saying that Fridays are the best day to change training routines to incorporate the following Sunday&#39;s game and the following midweek&#39;s cup/friendly game ?
ORM you can change anytime up untill thursday im not sure of the time I always change mine thursday evening/friday morning after the latest changes.
Cheers - so the best time to change back for the new season is the Friday before the first game then.

Back