• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Trains

Bless the Fenchurch Street line eh? Been much better over the past few years but still s**t whichever wy you look at it. I have to go to work shortly so hopefully it may be better then.

Was on the 6.20pm got turfed off at Laindon at about 7.55pm - got the train back to Upminster 8.10pm.
Had a couple of pints in the Yeoman at Upminster, watched Liv v Luton FA Cup, and got picked up at 9pm home by 9.40pm.
If I wasnt going to get picked up then I would have gone back to Fen. Street & then down on the Liverpool St line.
We also gave a lift to a chap, Elliot (a fellow Shrimper) back to Westcliff, always willing to help out a fellow Shrimper.
You've just got to make the best out of a bad situation.

Luckily for me got a text from the Flying Scotsman at 7.08pm telling me to go via Liverpool St, which is under my office. Got the 7.34pm to Prittlewell and was home at 8.50pm whereas TFS got the 6.20pm from Fenny and got home 9.40pm, after being kicked off at Laindon. Must admit ONE were helpful by only putting a 4 carriage train for the 7.34pm which not surprising was rammed solid.

what was up with the c2c line today then? Unlike that line to be so shoddy, as its been good for the last few years. If you expect one of the two lines to be ****, it'll be the one line. Which I'm taking to Ipswich tomorrow, so I hope that'll be ok!

your lucky.......we dont have trains up here yet, just a horse and cart

5.45 at fenchurch and we have just pulled into pitsea
Unlucky! I was on the 5:30 which arrived at Pitsea at about 7:45 and we were straight on a bus and back in Thorpe Bay at about 8:45. Was almost delayed leaving by my boss as well!

I got the 9:45 from Fenchurch Street last night and abandoned it for a taxi at Basildon around 11:00.

I just thank god that this didn't occur on an Essex senior cup match night otherwise the police would have been fishing geeks in Beaver anoraks out of the Thames for weeks.

5.19 from Stepney east... stopped at Benfleet for 15 mins then managed to make it to westcliff with no further probs.. Seems I was a tad lucky..
All station stoppers this morning

Got a call from my son at 6.50p.m., he was marooned at Laindon with another 6 trains in front of him who were reversing back to laindon. Went to collect him and absolute chaos with commuters swarming about like ants and so many cars causing the inevitable gridlock.

One thought i had was that as there was no buses laid on, how the hell could people get home to southend, shoebury etc, if not able to get someone to drive up and collect them?. To get a taxi from there would cost more money than what most people would have in there wallets on a tuesday.

I know Buses were running from Pitsea and Basildon , The Pitsea buses where useless due to the volume of people who drove to Pitsea station to pick people up then waited for them thus blocking the road. Why they didn't pick people up (either the buses or the cars ) at Tesco's with the big Car park is beyond me

Always amusing watching commuters get picked up by the station doors..Benfleet was always good for that, when a minute walk could see you picked up and away with minimal stress n hassle..

I've done a bit of research and it was theft of cable by our lovely travelling friends (allegedly) that managed to bring down the OHL at Bowers Gifford, therefore causing all the problems.

We got told by the driver (who was told by somebody up the line a bit) that the train in front of us brought the line down. Plus it was bloody windy so that could have helped it. I got the 5.53 at 6.30 from Pitsea, ended up getting a bus to Southend way and got there at 8.20, soaked :(

We got told by the driver (who was told by somebody up the line a bit) that the train in front of us brought the line down. Plus it was bloody windy so that could have helped it. I got the 5.53 at 6.30 from Pitsea, ended up getting a bus to Southend way and got there at 8.20, soaked :(

Nah, pikey's chopped down the copper return conductor (basically like nicking the blue wire from your plug) which is not a clever thing to do. It's made of pure copper so worth sh*t loads.... they'll soon to be sending the kids up to the 25KV to see if it's dead......

My hubby was on his usual train to Benfleet at 6.55 (or thereabouts) which ended up getting in at 9. Fortunately I didn't sit in the car park waiting for 2 hours!

My hubby was on his usual train to Benfleet at 6.55 (or thereabouts) which ended up getting in at 9. Fortunately I didn't sit in the car park waiting for 2 hours!

Pitsea station was just like one massive car park last night. Quite amusing watching the cars trying to manovure around each other :D

Back