• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ref Watch ....Tranmere away

Mick

Life President
Man in charge of Tranmere's second home match in three days will be Craig Pawson from Sheffield. He is a first year referee and this will be only his eighth ever League match and second at League One level. He has attracted his share of criticism during those first seven games - which have produced 19 yellow and, as yet, no red cards.

Never refereed a Southend, or Tranmere, match before.

Highlight of his short careeer to date was refereeing the Conference play-off final at Wembley last year between Exeter and Cambridge.

Assisting will be Paul Graham from Manchester and Andy Newell from Lancashire with Phil Dermot from Cheshire wielding the numbers board.

No game for Steve Cook who cried off from our Cup game Saturday - presumably injured.

Last edited:
Any idea what he's done to attract criticism? His card count seems unremarkable.

Any idea what he's done to attract criticism? His card count seems unremarkable.

Usual moans from managers and supporters of beaten teams; nothing substantial. Indeed card count barely above average. Fingers crossed.

Because it happened. People bemoan his decisions. This may be too much whistle blowing or whatnot, not just card brandishing.

So why mention it?

Because he is a new ref I haven't seen so I took the trouble to try and get an overview of how his games had gone and when the referee figures in a few headlines of match reports I felt it worth mentioning.

I notice the vast majority of your posts are simply criticising other people's posts. Comments like "why ask the question, when you can look it up?".

Not a great addition to the Shrimperzone debates, in my opinion.

Do your own sodding refwatch if you don't like mine.

Because he is a new ref I haven't seen so I took the trouble to try and get an overview of how his games had gone and when the referee figures in a few headlines of match reports I felt it worth mentioning.

I notice the vast majority of your posts are simply criticising other people's posts. Comments like "why ask the question, when you can look it up?".

Not a great addition to the Shrimperzone debates, in my opinion.

Do your own sodding refwatch if you don't like mine.

Mick - stick with it, most of us value your contributions here. Certainly I find the Ref watch very informative, it usually gives me a good idea of what to expect. Except int he case of J Singh, of course!

Back