• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ref Watch ......... Tranmere (H)

However where I will criticise is the decision to let Danns off the second yellow. As a ref you should enforce the rules, not only when you choose to, if it was any other player kicking the ball away I suspect the card would have been out immediately.

Yeah very lucky not to get a second yellow.
Remember when Drewe Broughton was sent off for kicking the ball away against Colchester. Think it was an offside decision Drewe touched the ball a second after the ref blew his whistle and got sent off. Not so sure he even really kicked the ball away it just deflected off him.

I’m not sure I’ve seen a more staggering refereeing decision than that to let Danns off for quite some time. It wasn’t a tap away of the ball, it was a full blown boot it away in pure dissent action. Considering how the referee was desperate to blow his whistle at every opportunity, I’m shocked that he bottled it.

It’s all gone a bit wrong for him this season and his previous high card count has reached new levels as he became the first official to show 100 yellow cards and he has had a few torrid matches.

He has now shown 110 yellow and 2 red cards in just 23 matches this season. He has yet to have a cardless match in his 5 seasons of refereeing at National League or above.

Now, maybe I'm just being cynical here but could these two paragraphs explain why he bottled dishing out the red card? Perhaps in the back of his head he was thinking about this awful card count.

I noticed Tranmere kick the ball away 5 times, not a word was had, no action taken etc.

Back