• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Tranmere Rovers vs Southend United 24th October 2020 15:00hrs FL2

What would be your starting 11 for Saturday and what do you think the result will be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RHB

I'm a Gnu, how do you do!⭐⭐
Staff member
Screenshot (79).png

Another away day, this time up at Prenton Park. Normal stuff please, you know what to do.

Nah, gonna take a break from the iFollow self-harm, which especially if followed by watching the news tends to put a bit of a dampner on the day.

It's Swanage v Westland Sports in the Dorset Premier League instead for me. No passing backwards until you lose it in this one, just old fashioned hoof and run to generate that rare thing I remember from days gone by (shots on goal).

All depends if white,akinola,and macca start.with these lads in the team we might have a chance,if not then forget it and forget about my ten quid for ifollow.

No idea who to put in yet until we get the usual update from the club with too many walking wounded.
I suspect White, Akinola, and Macca not yet ready. Lennon worst game after some very good performances, is he suffering,? Ralph injured , Clifford ? I hope some of these can at least make the squad but knowing our luck 6 of them could be out of contention
Sterling so far looks like a poor mans Coulthirst and frightened rabbit. How does Seadon get a game?

I’m going to save £10.
I’m even prepared to take the ( small ) risk of being eternally jealous of those who ‘witnessed’ our first win of the season.
I will watch Soccer Saturday in the hope we can get our season going.

I'm in two minds about this game:

This is a vital match for us.

Aren't they all?

Yes, but this is vitaler than vital. More vital than the vitalest thing imaginable. Yes, vitaler even than that.

You've made up a new word there. So it's an important game which we must win?

Yes, and we will.

How do you propose to win it?

Well, it's not up to me is it? That's what MM is paid for.

If he's paid.

I don't know why I listen to you.

You have no choice, I am you.

This situation with my beloved club has driven me mad.

How do you think I feel......?

I do feel white could make a difference in the back due to his no nonsense foot through the ball nature and ability to win the ball in the air first at set pieces and corners.
I heard he was close last Saturday so hopefully barring setbacks may be ok.
But.... Best will in the world... Akinola....Is Not going to set the world on fire with his back catalogue, his non training through injury, his lack of involvement in training with the others.of course of love to be wrong!
Macca. Won't cope with a whole match for the same reasons as akinola and his age!
In short ...we need to do what we did for the recent draw but use the arsenal lad somehow in the mix and leave out elvis.
These kids we've got watch how to get those cheap free kicks on tv! They've had it done to them loads. they see JD get them - Nows the time to grow quickly and do the same.
Lots of passing to spread the game IN THEIR HALF, and lots of going forward, including throw ins!
And as someone mentioned.. Shoot on sight with our quick kids following in

Last edited:
Reactions: ace
Tranmere have only scored 4 goals this season (same as us), but they have only conceded 7 goals.

If we can keep it tight at the back (stop laughing) and be effective on the counter-attack (I said stop laughing), then I think we could nick a win (will you please stop laughing!!).

We also haven't lost to Tranmere in 5 games...

Tranmere have only scored 4 goals this season (same as us), but they have only conceded 7 goals.

If we can keep it tight at the back (stop laughing) and be effective on the counter-attack (I said stop laughing), then I think we could nick a win (will you please stop laughing!!).

We also haven't lost to Tranmere in 5 games...

Hey , it’s no shame to admit you’ve got an alcohol problem.
You can get help.

Every game the hole gets deeper......Last seasons horror show from the first game onwards just seems to be continuing. We are nowhere near a settled side with a clear style of play .Again the goals For and Against column are making horrible reading.
Just can't see a clean sheet or more than one goal for us
FT 1-0

Win would be amazing, draw might have some positives to it, most of all I just want to see a reaction to the manner of defeat on Tuesday night. Let’s see some passion and fight instilled from MM, if he’s got it.

They are very, very bad up front without James Vaughan. Even we kept a clean sheet against them, so you’ll have a chance of getting something. Massive, double-hard ******* centre halves, so you’ll want a lump up front. Their midfield are strong on the ball, but lack mobility and the ability to break up play. If you have anyone who can carry the ball forward from midfield they’ll have a field day. Best of luck.

It’ll be us against 12 again. Last time we played them they cheated and the ref gave them what they wanted. Another defeat, just hope we can keep the score down.

It’ll be us against 12 again. Last time we played them they cheated and the ref gave them what they wanted. Another defeat, just hope we can keep the score down.

Sorry but how does the ref in the last game bear any relevance this time ? *

( * unless it’s the same ref - I haven’t checked )

Tricky one after so many poor performances, but I'm going to suggest resting a few and going for:

Oxley

Demi White Hobson Clifford

Macca

Olayinka K Taylor

Egbri______________ANG

Acquah

Subs: Seaden, Elvis, Dieng, Lennon, R Taylor, Goodship, Sterling

(If White is not fit, then Dieng in for him. If Macca is not fit then Demi back in defensive midfield and Elvis at RB)

Assuming the injured trio are still injured, I’d probably set up not to lose as someone mentioned in a previous thread. Something like:

Oxley
Bwomono, Hobson, Dieng, Lennon, Clifford
Demetriou, K.Taylor
Olayinka
Goodship, Acquah

Back