• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

This just seen on the BBC website:

1315: Plymouth are set to sign Guadeloupe-born defender Stephane Zubar by the end of the day. The 23-year-old, whose brother Ronald plays for Wolves, has played in France, Belgium and Romania.

Interesting... ;)

Very boring transfers so far!

Most exciting as it's got is Totenham signing a keeper on loan. Wheres all the big money moves?

ps. we need to keep grant, so hands off other clubs!

Used to be midnight, but it's now 6pm... Just so Sky Sports can have Jeff White and Mike Wedderburn fellating eachother over transfer rumours at a more appealable time.

Maybe then tonight will turn out OK...??

Granty stays until at least Jan, and we beat the ex and nearly shrimpers 5 nil tonight... with us being 3-0 up at half time...

Very boring transfers so far!
Most exciting as it's got is Totenham signing a keeper on loan. Wheres all the big money moves?

Robinho to AC Milan is almost complete by the sounds of it

Why do people forget on deadline day, it doesn't really mean anything for a club like us?
If say Norwich wanted Granty, they could easily ask to sign him on a loan with view to permanent transfer in Jan once the loan window is open again.

Just because he might be here tomorrow, doesn't mean he's ours until 1 January.

Like the sound of this:
“I like it a lot because we’re a good team with a good stadium and coach,” said Mohsni.

“Everyone is behind me too and really trying to help me, so I’m happy to be here. I have a contract for a year, but if they want me for longer than I’m happy to stay.”
Get him on a 3 year deal Ron.

Like the sound of this:Get him on a 3 year deal Ron.

Yeah the last time we took a player from France on a one year contract and then increased it to a three year deal after his first couple of decent performances, that didn't end so well.

It's not too much of a problem for us as he's 23, so we'd command a fee (albeit by tribunal) if he was to recieve other offers, but we need to express an element of caution before offering him a lengthy deal. I'd imagine that Sturrock will start holding talks with those on one year deals that he wants to keep hold of around February, after the hustle and bustle of the transfer window is finished.

3626387735_d8b9a2fbf2_m.jpg

Why do people forget on deadline day, it doesn't really mean anything for a club like us?
If say Norwich wanted Granty, they could easily ask to sign him on a loan with view to permanent transfer in Jan once the loan window is open again.

Just because he might be here tomorrow, doesn't mean he's ours until 1 January.

But this is better than him enforcing the 14 day rule..

According to SSN Rotherham have turned down (in seconds!) a bid for Le Fondre, which, interestingly, would have had Rory Fallon moving in the opposite direction.
Therefore one assumes that God must have sanctioned the deal...........god knows who scuppered it!

Back