• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer Embargo, Winding Up Petition & Staff Salary Issues

Roots hall is neglected. But all just ignore that. He loves the club
Not taking Rons side at all here but if you was looking to move the last thing you would be doing is investing in the old stadium. it already costs a fortune to get a safety certificate each year. Out of interest though what would you like done to Roots Hall? We cant even afford salaries so you are ****ing in the wind if you expect any unnecessary money spent on the stadium.

Not taking Rons side at all here but if you was looking to move the last thing you would be doing is investing in the old stadium. it already costs a fortune to get a safety certificate each year. Out of interest though what would you like done to Roots Hall? We cant even afford salaries so you are ****ing in the wind if you expect any unnecessary money spent on the stadium.
if I had an endless pot of money I’d preserve the hall, build the new stadium and Also the flats next to the stadium and purchase the best team money could buy 😀.

There’s so many soulless developments in Southend, Thorpe bay, leigh, etc when you compare it to other parts of the country and Europe you just wish more could be done to preserve what’s there. But that’s life and why I’m looking to move somewhere where peoole don’t rip down their houses and replace them with tacky monstrosities etc. There’s a reason the area had a rep as being a bit naff.

Last edited:
if I had an endless pot of money I’d preserve the hall, build the new stadium and Also the flats next to the stadium and purchase the best team money could buy 😀.

There’s so many soulless developments in Southend, Thorpe bay, leigh, etc when you compare it to other parts of the country and Europe you just wish more could be done to preserve what’s there. But that’s life and why I’m looking to move somewhere where peoole don’t rip down their houses and replace them with tacky monstrosities etc. There’s a reason the area had a rep as being a bit naff.
Where would you play whilst you redeveloped roots hall then as the only way to go bigger/better would be to move the pitch from
Its current location. Won’t happen, can’t happen, move on.

Where would you play whilst you redeveloped roots hall then as the only way to go bigger/better would be to move the pitch from
Its current location. Won’t happen, can’t happen, move on.
Uh? I’d do the same as is done now. But after new stadium erected I wouldn’t knock roots hall have it for a local amateur team or whatever. Or a community football pitch. You did ask aha so I said in fantasy land yes.
Southend is an incredibly densely populated place and it’s becoming ridiculous

Uh? I’d do the same as is done now. But after new stadium erected I wouldn’t knock roots hall have it for a local amateur team or whatever. Or a community football pitch. You did ask aha so I said in fantasy land yes.
Southend is an incredibly densely populated place and it’s becoming ridiculous

Would you troll anoher club?

It doesn't cost a lot to clear **** off the floor of the toilets

It doesn't cost a lot to clear **** off the floor of the toilets
Yeah feels like there’s no money now to run the club day to day outside the team and management.
Let’s see what next year brings. Hope the staff are ok

Last edited:
Why should I have to do it? They should be a functioning business about to at least pay staff.
yeah doubt another fund raiser would get much tbf. Can only do it enough times until people run out of goodwill and frankly at times like this, money

yeah doubt another fund raiser would get much tbf. Can only do it enough times until people run out of goodwill and frankly at times like this, money
It's only been done once this time round. So we don't know what the appetite would be for another.

It's only been done once this time round. So we don't know what the appetite would be for another.
I would say in a few months yes but right now it wouldn’t go so well. Or would have to frame it as a Christmas fundraiser aha. Just don’t include Ron’s name in it 😂

Just as well if it doesn't go ahead, can't see the need for two cinemas in Southend. The proposed restaurants may have survived. The only viable projects these days seems to be in housing.
Yeah the cinema design did look a bit out of place. Never believed it would happen either

Back