• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24 (Part 2 - Back in Business. Oh no we’re not)

Transfer news
This is positive news, suggests the consortium arent going to scarper.

Thing is, we have to carry on like normal.

Potentially, we could be behind our clubs this summer if things drag on. We will be light years behind if we haven’t got our ducks in a row. Hence why we were able to strike relatively quickly when the embargo was lifted last time around.

It was the same last summer, but we couldn’t sign anyone. We can at the moment, I don’t think we will, but the league isn’t stopping us.

Thing is, we have to carry on like normal.

Potentially, we could be behind our clubs this summer if things drag on. We will be light years behind if we haven’t got our ducks in a row. Hence why we were able to strike relatively quickly when the embargo was lifted last time around.

It was the same last summer, but we couldn’t sign anyone. We can at the moment, I don’t think we will, but the league isn’t stopping us.

Why don't you think we will?

Most likely a Dagenham/Woking type club that will pick him up, knowing we were keen, and pouncing.
Didn’t we call a move for him off because of a medical issue?

Maybe next summer, if we’re lucky. As a Phoenix club, I see no chance of us starting a league season in August 2024
Didn't you say that last season You can have your crap phoenix club And true southend fans wouldn't follow such club

I have no more "insider knowledge" than the average man outside Keddies but what is being said (have a notional budget, line up your targets, get your "ducks in a row") makes sense to me.

Signing players now whilst there are still a number of creditors out there doesn't look too good I would say - the club/consortium won't want to irritate any of the other parties that have agreed to wait for their money.

I have no more "insider knowledge" than the average man outside Keddies but what is being said (have a notional budget, line up your targets, get your "ducks in a row") makes sense to me.

Signing players now whilst there are still a number of creditors out there doesn't look too good I would say - the club/consortium won't want to irritate any of the other parties that have agreed to wait for their money.
But didn’t we sign players after Christmas deal announcement with these disgruntled creditors in place? The WUP started in February.

Anything to do with us?

View attachment 32029

Unfortunately not. That ship has sailed.

We'd agreed a fee of around £2.5k and a sell-on with Hitchin. Player agreed terms, photos taken holding the infamous scarf and all media done before the club pulled the plug because of an old shoulder injury that flagged up in the medical from a few seasons prior.

Got to feel for the young lad - turned down a couple of National League and National League North/South clubs at the time thinking he would be coming here, which meant he finished the season with Hitchin. That said, he'll certainly not be short of offers this summer. Scored 15 goals last season from a number 10 position in midfield.

Let's just hope this one doesn't come back to bite us...

We'd agreed a fee of around £2.5k and a sell-on with Hitchin. Player agreed terms, photos taken holding the infamous scarf and all media done before the club pulled the plug because of an old shoulder injury that flagged up in the medical from a few seasons prior.

Got to feel for the young lad - turned down a couple of National League and National League North/South clubs at the time thinking he would be coming here, which meant he finished the season with Hitchin. That said, he'll certainly not be short of offers this summer. Scored 15 goals last season from a number 10 position in midfield.

Makes a change from us ignoring medicals and then having a player out for a season as soon as signing though.

He’s absolutely nailed on now then to go on and score for fun next season in this league thus getting a big move in January (with a loan back).

Back