• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Transfer Rumours Thread (Potential New Signings)

More than 20, you've misread that, but your point is valid.

I guess my point is more do people actually see him as a valuable addition OR was it an easy target to aim negativity towards RM for not supporting PB?

Do people actually rate the player he is now. Not the player he was 5 years+ ago?
My view (for what its worth) is that he clearly isn't the player he was 5 years ago- and if he was he would be playing in the Championship. So the question is more could he make us better? There I think we sometimes mix a few things. Is he going to bring us pace? No. But the other thing we have been crying out for, indeed whilst referencing we have good strikers but they get no service, is creativity. Can he bring that then probably yes- especially in a 10 role. Have we anyone in the current squad as creative? Not that I see- but if I'm missing someone can we start playing them.

What I will say is that the fact that probably, right at this moment, RH is the best we can attract to deliver that creativity is not a great thing. But nor is cutting off our nose to spite our face...regrettably.

My mate Adam Flint signed him for bishops Stortford when he was manager and saw big potential. Flinty knows non league so well, he scouted and brought in some quality players for maldon and Tiptree and they ****ed the league twice, but covid tripped them up. Plus they had great cup runs. We should look to getting a scout of his quality, someone who knows essex non league football inside out.
Flinty has just signed for Grays as assistant manager, I've noticed a couple of players who have played for him before leaving their clubs lately on twitter, could be putting 2 and 2 together and making 5 but Grays are already top of the league and Flinty has an eye for a player, so if they bring in a couple I'd really fancy them. Might have to look at their odds to win the league.

Interesting comments here from Gary Johnson about trying to attract players to the NL..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58826905

"You can get the real young ones and you can get the old ones, probably playing his last few games, but you want that middle range of 23 to 28 year-olds."

At least we've found the identity of the poster Barry.C :Winking:

"You can get the real young ones and you can get the old ones, probably playing his last few games, but you want that middle range of 23 to 28 year-olds."

At least we've found the identity of the poster Barry.C :Winking:
Yes at last, thanks Gary ( Dad ) xx

Hes wrong about the numbers coming in from the Championship though, this has been growing ( on loan )

Back