• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Transfer Rumours Thread (Potential New Signings)

We have 2 good strikers in Murphy and Dalby with Rush and Dennis as well as Kargbo as back up

He wants another striker, looking at Josh Wright and a winger.

The strikers we have are good enough, they don't get the service so won't score goals

We don't play with wingers so why another winger? To play wing back I presume so pointless again.

Josh Wright is scared of his own shadow and definitely isn't the creative midfielder we need

I’d play bridge more central he seems to have creativity, just my view.

re transfers we need a fairly quick centre back thats for sure and if that is left sided then we need the same for the right side as well. Or you have th most central quick to cover behind the slower ones on the outside, thats only if your playing a 3. If we are eoplaying a 2 then one has to be quick, with the best will in the world Coulsen, Hobson and White you wouldnt put in the speedy bracket

It's reached a stage for me where I'm not even fussed about who our next signing is now. Each name that comes up leaves me feeling more resentment towards both PB and RM. We're never going to threaten the top 7 over the next couple of years.
It's almost like a waiting game...living in hope that either PB departs or we miraculously get planning permission for the new stadium so that brings us a step closer to Ron handing over the reigns to someone else.

It's reached a stage for me where I'm not even fussed about who our next signing is now. Each name that comes up leaves me feeling more resentment towards both PB and RM. We're never going to threaten the top 7 over the next couple of years.
It's almost like a waiting game...living in hope that either PB departs or we miraculously get planning permission for the new stadium so that brings us a step closer to Ron handing over the reigns to someone else.

Exactly how I feel...

Its like our scouting and recruitment policy consists only of players that never made it here.
Recruitment clearly is a key to a football club’s success at any level and the NL is no different. This season we’ve probably made a number of errors, but it’s been difficult putting together a squad of players that we’ve retained plus adding out of contract players that maybe have been released by other clubs. Most National League club’s have over the last few seasons paid a small transfer fee to prise better players away from their clubs, something I believe we will need to do to attract better quality.

Personally think josh Wright be great at this level but who ever it is hope there given a chance although the coulthirst one is wrong .

Oh dear....you seem to have missed the past month Shrimpet. What's wrong with being a PE teacher anyway? It's arguably a more important and worthwhile job
than being a football manager.
Nothing just a phrase for a poor manager! Nothing against PE teachers they do a very important job!

We all know they are going to be complete garbage.

This club is a shambles.

Josh Wright. Do me a favour. He was absolute **** last time he was here and has been ridiculed at every club he has had.

Seriously what the actual ****
No he's ****! But it's his brother mark who got ridiculed!! Josh has actually had a decent career!

MM came at a time when he had no chance to succeed. Under an embargo etc etc

As for Brown, the guy is an egotistical maniac. Woeful man management and is way past it as a manager.

You talk a lot of crap and this has to be up there with the worst of it
Didn't he manage in the premier league? But he can't manage! So u don't think we would still be in league 2 if he had came In a month earlier?

Nothing just a phrase for a poor manager! Nothing against PE teachers they do a very important job!
Truthfully, this nonsense about managers and PE Teachers is becoming tiresome. The Cowley brothers were PE Teachers before they made it in the Football League and they were anything but poor. And for that matter Steve Tilson has also taught at college

Back