• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Transfer Rumours Thread (Potential New Signings)

Cox? Coultihurst?

I sort of feel like i cant be arsed anymore this season.

Who's next. How about we re-sign Brandon Goodship, and im sure greg halford could still do a job. Acquah in on loan perhaps?

Cox? Coultihurst?

I sort of feel like i cant be arsed anymore this season.

Who's next. How about we re-sign Brandon Goodship, and im sure greg halford could still do a job. Acquah in on loan perhaps?
Joe Shaughnessy and Ndukwu coming soon too.

Is Coulthirst the one that was meant to be laughably bad? Don’t get me wrong it’s hardly an exciting signing but he looks to have done fairly well at Barnet (admittedly not great at Boreham Wood last season) and is only 26. I’m not sure it would be as awful a signing as people are making out.

There is something seriously wrong with our club. It seems that only past players of ours, past it has-been free agents and only a tiny few players with options (but who didn’t get the memo - like Murphy) are even slightly interested in us.

All the others wouldn’t **** on us if we were on fire. To be fair to them, allowing us to burn to death quickly would probably be the humane option.

To be fair he has had a lot of injury problems/fitness issues in the last couple of seasons so that must be the main reason he hasn't scored too many goals. Before that he was doing ok.

There is something seriously wrong with our club. It seems that only past players of ours, past it has-been free agents and only a tiny few players with options (but who didn’t get the memo - like Murphy) are even slightly interested in us.

All the others wouldn’t **** on us if we were on fire. To be fair to them, allowing us to burn to death quickly would probably be the humane option.
If we can’t get anything better than previously failed players to come here, we are in deep sh-t.
Think it will be a miracle we don’t get relegated again.
This scenario that we are in just is ******* the life and goodwill out of the loyal supporters.
Winge over.

I don't want to sound like I'm sticking up for PB here because I'm not. The team is underperforming and I'm... deflated? - might be the word hearing names like Coulthirst, Cox and Wright again though I'm not suprised. But we also have signings like Dalby, potentially one of the brightest we've had in recent. Murphy, an experienced striker I never thought we'd get this summer and Arnold.

I always say I how the first team Sturrock put together because it was such a mismash of players. There were some good players in that team. Mohsni, Easton, Corr. But for every good player there was a Bouzid, Soares, Zaaboub.

It would've been unrealistic to think PB would sign a squad of players and get them all right. There's some good in there and some bad and really it's the players we couldn't keep that hurt us most. How different might things be if we had kept Holmes and Cordner?

Maybe I am being a tad sympathetic. So far there nothing short of what I expecting. A rebuild wasn't going to happen in one fell swoop.

Last edited:
With all these ex players training with us plus signing ex players this season it's like a school reunion. 5 years later when we didn't want them anymore the players are now older and wiser even if their fitness has probably gone down with age slightly

I don't want to sound like I'm sticking up for PB here because I'm not. The team is underperforming and I'm... deflated? - might be the word hearing names like Coulthirst, Cox and Wright again though I'm not suprised. But we also have signings like Dalby, potentially one of the brightest we've had in recent. Murphy, an experienced striker I never thought we'd get this summer and Arnold.

I always say I how the first team Sturrock put together because it was such a mismash of players. There were some good players in that team. Mohsni, Easton, Corr. But for every good player there was a Bouzid, Soares, Zaaboub.

It would've been unrealistic to think PB would sign a squad of players and get them all right. There's some good in there and some bad and really it's the players we couldn't keep that hurt us most. How different might things be if we had kept Holmes and Cordner?

Maybe I am being a tad sympathetic. So far there nothing short of what I expecting. A rebuild wasn't going to happen in one fell swoop.
Announce Bouzid, Soars and Zaaboub as our next signings

Signing Bouzid, Soares, Zaaboub was all part of a broader plan though that has largely been lacking this season.

Bouzid was signed, at least in part, to help his supremely talented fellow French-North African Mohsni settle in. Soares and Zaaboub were only temporary solutions but allowed us to ease Ryan Hall into first team football and mentor him.

Mohsni and Hall were then the two central figures in the following season’s promotion push. Other long term pieces Sturrock signed in 2010 were 25 year old Corr, 23 year old Clohessy, 22 year old Prosser.

Under Brown we have short term patches but other than Dalby and Bridge where are the long term solutions and players with upside?

Signing Bouzid, Soares, Zaaboub was all part of a broader plan though that has largely been lacking this season.

Bouzid was signed, at least in part, to help his supremely talented fellow French-North African Mohsni settle in. Soares and Zaaboub were only temporary solutions but allowed us to ease Ryan Hall into first team football and mentor him.

Mohsni and Hall were then the two central figures in the following season’s promotion push. Other long term pieces Sturrock signed in 2010 were 25 year old Corr, 23 year old Clohessy, 22 year old Prosser.

Under Brown we have short term patches but other than Dalby and Bridge where are the long term solutions and players with upside?

Never thought of it like that! Interesting and another positive insight into how well Paul Sturrock operated.

I have nothing against Cox signing, could be good for Dalby to learn off, the problem still lies with creativity, we need to get Bridge off the wing and more central, or find an actual creative central midfielder - not sure if Wright is the answer..

I have nothing against Cox signing, could be good for Dalby to learn off, the problem still lies with creativity, we need to get Bridge off the wing and more central, or find an actual creative central midfielder - not sure if Wright is the answer..
I agree in the 352 we have the two combative CMs sorted but need that creative spark almost in a 10 role. Bridge could do that (he's been playing wide though for some time, but the mgt team must know he can play central). There was hope Dennis could play there but he has flattered to deceive thus far. Cox actually could be very good in that role (but probably a way off match fitness..but on a low wage as player coach suiting both parties? If so shame it didn't happen in June). Olayinka was made for that role too imho.

I wonder if Cox could make a decent midfielder.

I wonder if Cox could make a decent midfielder.
One of the best performances I can remember in recent times was away at Wycombe. 3-2 final score but we were 3 up and playing some of the best football I can remember a Southend 11 playing. 352 that day with Robinson and Hopper with Cox on the whole behind. Admittedly the resources around him may not be the same level but his ability and brain certainly work in that role - maybe a question mark about the legs mind!

Back