• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Transfer Rumours Thread (Potential New Signings)

I wonder if Cox could make a decent midfielder.
Possibly? Sit just behind the front two, he didn't half make a good pass or assist when he got on to the ball, one of the few strikers we've seen in recent years that is actually able to create his own or chances for others.

I agree in the 352 we have the two combative CMs sorted but need that creative spark almost in a 10 role. Bridge could do that (he's been playing wide though for some time, but the mgt team must know he can play central). There was hope Dennis could play there but he has flattered to deceive thus far. Cox actually could be very good in that role (but probably a way off match fitness..but on a low wage as player coach suiting both parties? If so shame it didn't happen in June). Olayinka was made for that role too imho.
Exactly, we're just lacking the depth and quality on the wings, it's why I want ANG to have at least a chance to play when he's back fit, but not sure if Brown is wanting to implement him in when he is.

Exactly, we're just lacking the depth and quality on the wings, it's why I want ANG to have at least a chance to play when he's back fit, but not sure if Brown is wanting to implement him in when he is.
The "challenge" is in a 352 you need wingbacks (so good going forward but the engine and discipline to do the defensive work). Unfortunately that where the like of ANG and other exotic brews leave much to be desired. Much depends on what our preferred formation is longer term. Not sure we know the answer to that and it certain dictates where we need to strengthen.

I enjoyed Cox when he first came to us and was one of Phils better signings in 2016, As the years rolled by so did Cox. I thought he became lazy and disinterested and according to a significant number of comments , was very disruptive and a cause of much dressing room disharmony.

As he heads towards 35 and having just made 12 appearances for Western Sydney Washouts, sounds like just up our dead end street

Come off it YB, just think a couple more and we could field eleven over 30s, and I dont think thats ever been achieved in professional football, A great stat for quizzers and Wiki fiends and we could go DOWN in History
Stop it with the Cox talk. The last thing we need is another player with no pace dropping into the least dynamic midfield in the National League.

Reactions: JAL
The "challenge" is in a 352 you need wingbacks (so good going forward but the engine and discipline to do the defensive work). Unfortunately that where the like of ANG and other exotic brews leave much to be desired. Much depends on what our preferred formation is longer term. Not sure we know the answer to that and it certain dictates where we need to strengthen.
I 100% agree, I'm off the basis that we stop using 3-5-2, since we're in the National League, where that kind of formation shouldn't be used and doesn't work.

ANG would retrospectively be a good fit on the wing to be able to move Bridge central as he seems like the only one capable of getting a ball into the box.

Stop it with the Cox talk. The last thing we need is another player with no pace dropping into the least dynamic midfield in the National League.
Cox sounds like a fitter, less injury prone and younger option for the Holmes role that PB was after.

I think with his brain in behind a front two then he would be a decent player at this level unless his legs have gone.

Cox now has his A License. So I could well believe a player/coach role might be offered to him.

So looks like Benjamin Mbunga-Kimpioka from Sunderland on loan is a real possibility. Current Sweden U21 international, 8 appearances in L1 for Sunderland, regular u23s Prem 2, NL experience during 10 game loan spell with Torquay.

Looking forward to hearing all the reasons why this would be an appalling signing.

So looks like Benjamin Mbunga-Kimpioka from Sunderland on loan is a real possibility. Current Sweden U21 international, 8 appearances in L1 for Sunderland, regular u23s Prem 2, NL experience during 10 game loan spell with Torquay.

Looking forward to hearing all the reasons why this would be an appalling signing.
because we probably can't afford him ?

He didn't score a goal for Torquay in 10 appearances? Am I on the right lines?

Back