• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Transfer Rumours Thread (Potential New Signings)

Above all else we desperately need one or two midfielders who can score unless we expect Dalby and Murphy to get 60 plus between them.

Dunne.393 appearances 15 goals
Ogogo 394 appearances 25 goals
Atkinson 371 appearances 27 goals
Ferguson 195 appearances 19 goals

All of the above include appearances at non league level.

Already this season not a goal other than from the two strikers.

Sadly, until this is addressed I can't see us making a promotion challenge.

Very good point and we need an Anthony wordsworth type player to chip in.

That said, I'm convinced that Coulson will score 10 this season if fit, and bridge etc will chip in too.

We aren't far away from a top 7 team. But one or two more signings would be the difference between maybe and definately being in the play off hunt

We missed our best chance to sign a proven midfield goalscorer at this level when we allowed Josh Rees (who grew up in Southend and watched the club as a kid) go to Boreham Wood unchallenged.

1) Still recovering from his groin op and 2) I don't believe the prem allows players to go out on loan outside windows unlike the football league. He'll go to L2 or L1 in Jan I am sure.
I actually had a message from someone I know with connections at Arsenal today. He is training with the 1st team and we may see him on the bench soon

Edit: A quick google confirms this https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/16080762/arsenal-james-olayinka-tim-akinola-first-team-norwich/

Green Light?? Does this refer to Jordan Green who was on here on loan until an ankle injury put him out. Has been out of contract with Barnsley since January 2021

PS i'm joking about the above. Nice to know Ron is going to put his hand in his pocket to fund any additional bodies

Green Light?? Does this refer to Jordan Green who was on here on loan until an ankle injury put him out. Has been out of contract with Barnsley since January 2021

PS i'm joking about the above. Nice to know Ron is going to put his hand in his pocket to fund any additional bodies

A crowd of over 6,000 for the draw against Wrexham would suggest that the income from gate receipts is holding up. And perhaps that holds the key to any funding.

I don't know what the club has budgeted for but it would have been prudent for the club to consider that attendances might be lower due to the lower division. Who knows.

We played Gillingham in that waste of time competition Papa John's in front of a massive crowd of 731, why don't they scrap this joke of a tournament. Anyway back to my point! Gillingham put out a weakened side as did we, but Akinde was not even on the bench so I suspect he is still injured.
if its such a waste of space, why was their such a big gate for you lot? ours used to drop by about 80%, you were lucky yours only dropped by 50%

We played Gillingham in that waste of time competition Papa John's in front of a massive crowd of 731, why don't they scrap this joke of a tournament. Anyway back to my point! Gillingham put out a weakened side as did we, but Akinde was not even on the bench so I suspect he is still injured.
You were lucky the Gills didn’t announce their line-up earler in the day — most of their 700 travelling fans would probably have stayed at home.

Above all else we desperately need one or two midfielders who can score unless we expect Dalby and Murphy to get 60 plus between them.

Dunne.393 appearances 15 goals
Ogogo 394 appearances 25 goals
Atkinson 371 appearances 27 goals
Ferguson 195 appearances 19 goals

All of the above include appearances at non league level.

Already this season not a goal other than from the two strikers.

Sadly, until this is addressed I can't see us making a promotion challenge.

There was a time when football teams played with two attacking goal scoring wingers. They didn’t have to do the full back job as well.

They would weigh with a good number of goals.

Derek Woodley, John McKinven, Terry Johnson, Colin Morris, Terry Gray, Martin Ling, Andy Ansah, Rick Otto, even Ryan Hall and Kevan Hurst.

The wide players whoever they are need to get their share of goals from open play. Bridge, Egbri, Demetriou etc…

There was a time when football teams played with two attacking goal scoring wingers. They didn’t have to do the full back job as well.

They would weigh with a good number of goals.

Derek Woodley, John McKinven, Terry Johnson, Colin Morris, Terry Gray, Martin Ling, Andy Ansah, Rick Otto, even Ryan Hall and Kevan Hurst.

The wide players whoever they are need to get their share of goals from open play. Bridge, Egbri, Demetriou etc…
Don’t worry I guarantee Arnold will get at least 2 goals this season

A crowd of over 6,000 for the draw against Wrexham would suggest that the income from gate receipts is holding up. And perhaps that holds the key to any funding.

I don't know what the club has budgeted for but it would have been prudent for the club to consider that attendances might be lower due to the lower division. Who knows.
I can’t remember the exact figure (possibly 2,300) but I do know the season tickets sales very comfortably exceeded the clubs projections. So you would hope there’s at least a semi-decent “warchest” should we require it.

Last edited:

What was the away attendance like for that match. Couldn't get to it as I was on holiday in Gloucestershire. Would be good if they have budgeted for less and crowds are above where they expected them to be.

However, we only a government decision away from greater restrictions and it would have an effect on the budget.

What was the away attendance like for that match. Couldn't get to it as I was on holiday in Gloucestershire. Would be good if they have budgeted for less and crowds are above where they expected them to be.

However, we only a government decision away from greater restrictions and it would have an effect on the budget.
The figure given was around 500+ but a lot of the Wrexham fans were just waved in. I would imagine there were over 1000 actually in the North Stand

Back