• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Transfer Rumours Thread (Potential New Signings)

If Ron is going to stick his hand in his pocket. We need left sided centre back, which will allow ralph to go left wing back. Attack minded CM would be welcome addition to. That should give us plenty of options going forward.

Just waved in? The difference between 581 & 1,000 fans is 419 x £20 = over £8,000.

That would keep Phil Brown in tanning sessions for much of the season ..........

Just waved in? The difference between 581 & 1,000 fans is 419 x £20 = over £8,000.

That would keep Phil Brown in tanning sessions for much of the season ..........

I think it was more of a case of people already having tickets but just showing rather than scanning. I've been reliably informed that it was just the one turnstile and was roughly 150 odd Welshman.

With that in mind there was probably 750 odd in there.

In the west stand as well there were at least 50 that were allowed through the gate for cash instead of queuing for a ticket. Whilst all the season ticket holders that had not had there season tickets sent to them had to still queue outside until about 5 mins after kick off where they started to let season ticket holders that could prove on their phone they had purchased a season ticket(s) through the gate as well. Also easily close to 1k in the away end!!

There was a time when football teams played with two attacking goal scoring wingers. They didn’t have to do the full back job as well.

They would weigh with a good number of goals.

Derek Woodley, John McKinven, Terry Johnson, Colin Morris, Terry Gray, Martin Ling, Andy Ansah, Rick Otto, even Ryan Hall and Kevan Hurst.

The wide players whoever they are need to get their share of goals from open play. Bridge, Egbri, Demetriou etc…
He’s been pretty lively during the first few games but playing him on the left wing when he is so one-footed is frustrating. If we can see he is always going to come back on to his right foot, every team will soon cancel him out.

Ron promised us 6/7 players in January when we had Sol Campbell in league one. Then we had nothing but an embargo. I don't believe when he says we can sign more. It's just the same as before. We have to move players on first.
But it’s not the same as before though is it. We don’t have an embargo.

Reactions: JAL
But it’s not the same as before though is it. We don’t have an embargo.
We were told that time it wasn't an embargo. We waited a whole transfer window for these 6/7 signings that were promised and the club never mentioned we couldn't sign anyone when they claimed we could. We (including me)believe anything the club say

Not saying it's an embargo this time but just saying we have maxed the budget signing these players. From previous experience I don't believe what Ron is saying

Not saying it's an embargo this time but just saying we have maxed the budget signing these players. From previous experience I don't believe what Ron is saying

We haven’t maxed the budget.

We aren’t under an embargo.

We don’t need to shift players before we bring anyone else in. If/When Akinola and ANG go we’d have additional room in the budget, but incomings aren’t solely reliant on out goings. People thought that was the case, and I said it wasn’t and we then signed Atkinson. It’s still the case.

I’ve said the positions PB wants to strengthen, he has even come out and said it on the zoom call and in interviews with CP. Left sided centre half is priority number 1, another striker is priority number 2, and if PB was to get all of his Christmas presents at once, it would be another wide player. However, that is in an ideal world, but he is happy with his options in that position, other than ANG obviously.

Talks are still ongoing behind the scenes, but now the games are coming thick and fast, that takes more of a priority. During pre-season, all the training sessions and players minutes in matches is mapped out before the players return so he, and the likes of CF, RD, RM & the recruitment guy (Whose name escapes me) can solely focus on bringing new players into the Club. It’s different once the games begin. Even more so when you can sign players as and when you wish.

I’ll say it again, we can sign absolutely anyone we want (Not names obviously). By that I mean free agents, loanees, permanent signings for money or “undisclosed” fees etc. Also, with free agents, for a EFL or PL Club to sign a free agent, they had to be a free agent when the window shut, whereas in the NL, a player can be released from his contract today and we could sign him later.

So, Akinola for example, couldn’t sign for Col Ewe in any capacity until January, even if he agrees to be released from his contract (We have offered various settlement deals to try this, but as of yet it hasn’t happened). However, he could sign for Barnet for example, on loan or pay us a minimal fee or if we were able to agree a package which meant we released Akinola at any stage in the season.

I hope that makes sense.

Ron promised us 6/7 players in January when we had Sol Campbell in league one. Then we had nothing but an embargo. I don't believe when he says we can sign more. It's just the same as before. We have to move players on first.
Spot on. The man is not to be believed. The list of promises unfulfilled is endless.

The man self relegated us 2 years in a row. You'd be an idiot to trust his words.

Sol never got his signings as by then Ron knew what a wrong'un he was.

In any business you don't fund someone who needs to be sacked for gross misconduct.

Back