• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Transfer Rumours Thread (Potential New Signings)

A crowd of over 6,000 for the draw against Wrexham would suggest that the income from gate receipts is holding up. And perhaps that holds the key to any funding.

I don't know what the club has budgeted for but it would have been prudent for the club to consider that attendances might be lower due to the lower division. Who knows.

Apparently we’re below budget on programme sales.

Last edited:
It's incredible to me how much time and energy is spent by so many people on here harping on about what has happened in the past as if in some way it defines what is happening now or what will happen tomorrow.

It's what happens from here on in that is crucial, not what happened last January, in 2018, in 2013 or whenever. We are where we are and there's naff all we can do about it.

@BoyWonder2 doesn't sound like he is posting his opinion, it all sounds proper information so I assume he is "in the know" and I'm happy to take his word as to how things actually are. We have no window in this league so players can come (and go - beware!) at any time.

You've been in the North stand CaP, this is a screen shot just before they scored and there were more fans out of shot to the left. 581? I really don't think so.

View attachment 16635
Hi RHB. Yes I have been in that stand several times and there does look more than 581 in there, but 581 was the offcial away attendance quoted by Wrexham themselves. If that figure is incorrect it would suggest the total attendance was more than Southend said it was, maybe 6500?

It's incredible to me how much time and energy is spent by so many people on here harping on about what has happened in the past as if in some way it defines what is happening now or what will happen tomorrow.

It's what happens from here on in that is crucial, not what happened last January, in 2018, in 2013 or whenever. We are where we are and there's naff all we can do about it.

@BoyWonder2 doesn't sound like he is posting his opinion, it all sounds proper information so I assume he is "in the know" and I'm happy to take his word as to how things actually are. We have no window in this league so players can come (and go - beware!) at any time.
Well said @fbm. It's so much easier to dwell on what was and who's fault it is than looking out for how we are doing now.

Hi RHB. Yes I have been in that stand several times and there does look more than 581 in there, but 581 was the offcial away attendance quoted by Wrexham themselves. If that figure is incorrect it would suggest the total attendance was more than Southend said it was, maybe 6500?
Us fabricate attendance figures? Wash your mouth out!! Actually Wrexham made a pig's ear of their ticketing for this game and their fans were waiting for their tickets to arrive right up to KO. So tickets were sold on the day for entry which a lot of their fans took advantage of.

That's fine to lie then!
No but if your going into the January window 15 points from safety looking like league 2 football for following season, surely it's better to just rebuild in the summer. That way you can clear the dead wood and be in stronger position to recruit the right players. Unfortunately for us covid happened and Ron didn't pay HMRC till last minute.

Yes - this element hasn't been mentioned very much on here. Any Southend player attracting the attention of league clubs could be gone around Christmas ........ and the movement of players between Conference teams (from those in need of cash to those with cash) is not unheard of.

Sol never got his signings as by then Ron knew what a wrong'un he was.

In any business you don't fund someone who needs to be sacked for gross misconduct.
I'd imagine 90% of the fanbase could tell Campbell was a car-crash appointment. How on earth was that allowed to happen. And then I remember Bond and it all falls into place......

I'd imagine 90% of the fanbase could tell Campbell was a car-crash appointment. How on earth was that allowed to happen. And then I remember Bond and it all falls into place......
In hindsight you'd have just given it to Waddock for the season and accepted our fate. God knows how much money Ron wasted on Sol, Andy Cole and HH, plus the Arsenal fitness coach!!

How you have spun that to defend Ron is hilarious.
I was firmly in the 90% group that Magnum PI mentions above. I had heard from good sources about Sol's previous interviews etc......Even if I hadn't, like most of you, the gut feeling was this will end in tears. After Bond and sitting adrift at the foot of L1, is was never the time for a'risk' appointment.

I had also heard about his antics well before Christmas and there are posts on here to prove it. So thats not spinning anything to defend Ron. However to act immediately would mean certain players and staff splashed in the tabloids and they certainly wouldn't want that.

What ever your opinion of Ron no transfers January 2020 was the right decision. The real crime was not using the money saved in January wisely that Summer or even the following January 2021.

In December 2019 relegation from L1 was a cert. Last December relegation from L2 was not a dead cert. We had a good chance but our performances on and off the pitch in the first 3 months of this year, including resigning Ranger etc.....Thats what sealed our fate.

Still as FBM says thats in the past, right now Ron has said he will stretch the budget. You might not believe him but PB is certainly the right man to help to keep Ron on his toes and help 'stretch' that budget.

Good attendances and support will also allow Tom to find money for some January signings. Yes i know it can be any time but thats when players move and that is when the Club will be in a position to act with reasonable certainty....If their is such a thing in football.

I’m confused, are we signing Wrexham’s away attendance, Embargo, Sol Campbell or Gary Waddock.

Can we get this back on topic because I’m bored of ready all of this rubbish from the past!
To be fair, Waddock keeping us up is a new one. Not heard that before. I don’t think Tuchel, Klopp or Guardiola could’ve kept us up. But hey, as you say. Any Ray Parlour sightings of late?

To be fair, Waddock keeping us up is a new one. Not heard that before. I don’t think Tuchel, Klopp or Guardiola could’ve kept us up. But hey, as you say. Any Ray Parlour sightings of late?
As @Ricey says, this thread is about New signings rumours and absolutely nothing to do with the past.

Back