• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Transfer Rumours Thread (Potential New Signings)

Any ideas as to who these identified players may be?

Talks have begun with a number of targets, one of which was spoken to at length during the summer months, whilst nothing is “close” at the present moment, I still wouldn’t be entirely surprised to see a new face in the group within a couple of weeks.

I can understand fans not rating MM, or thinking he wasn't a good manager, but I will never understand the ones that feel the need to abuse him or get personal. He never had a chance, and very few people would have had the stones to take that job when he did knowing they would be doomed to failure. If you want proof of that, you only have to ask a certain Adam Barrett.
I can understand fans thinking PB is not the right man for NL but I have never understood why some wanted him to fail from day one of his first spell nor why they never gave him any credit for getting us promoted and within one point of League one playoffs. Not for that matter why he was blamed for Ron signing off on unaffordable contracts when he did exactly they same when Steve Tilson was in charge but quite rightly they never blamed Tilly

I can understand fans thinking PB is not the right man for NL but I have never understood why some wanted him to fail from day one of his first spell nor why they never gave him any credit for getting us promoted and within one point of League one playoffs. Not for that matter why he was blamed for Ron signing off on unaffordable contracts when he did exactly they same when Steve Tilson was in charge but quite rightly they never blamed Tilly
I think most supporters want PB to succeed but his decision-making at times seems pretty baffling. At the moment, he seems to be his own worst enemy. He continually blames the players' "lack of character" rather than take responsibility for the tactics, formation of the team and the clear lack of balance in the vital midfield area of his team.

Most said preseason a mixture of experience and youth is whats needed ,i agree with that ,but frankly PB just seemed to go for over aged signings,maybe because they are the only ones who would in their right mind sign for us ,i dont know. But experience doesnt mean you have to be in your thirties.I cannot for the life of me understand why he sign Atkinson ,or dosent want Akinola ,sorry everyone but White and Demi should have been released past their used by dates ,i understand that they have been absolute champions for us but sentiment has no place in foorball ,maybe they should have been given a job withing the clubunder23s perhaps.PB should have been looking for players with pace as well as experience but obviouly went the opposite way.

You the supporters are so deserving off much better than this,what you have had to put up with these past 3 seasons and still you turn up and support. Everyone within the club should have red faces and should line up in the midle off the ground at half time and ask for forgiveness for allowing it to continue .Its fast approaching time for you supporters to really show your emotions to these people Maybe its the only way that they will begin to understand.

I do find it amusing Phil complaining about the chracter of the team WHICH HE PUT TOGETHER. Man is incapable of accepting any responsibility and is tactically inept.
He took responsibility last night. Also the players lack of effort of the pitch is difficult to put on him at times which he clearly doesn’t accept hence commenting on it openly after the game. Yes he does have some downfalls but I genuinely think he has our best interest at heart and is massively disappointed by some players performances.

I can't believe some of these older/injury prone players are on two year contracts. We will never get rid of them and they will be on big wages so we will never get rid of them.

He took responsibility last night. Also the players lack of effort of the pitch is difficult to put on him at times which he clearly doesn’t accept hence commenting on it openly after the game. Yes he does have some downfalls but I genuinely think he has our best interest at heart and is massively disappointed by some players performances.
Looks like hes lost the dressing room?

Looks like hes lost the dressing room?
I don’t think he has lost the dressing room. Players need to accept they haven’t been good enough and use the criticism as a way of improving their performances. Why should brown put his arms around the players and say it’s ok blah blah blah when they have been absolutely sh*t. Players need to stop being so precious.

Any ideas as to who these identified players may be?
No but from my experience of watching football regularly in this league all the better/experienced players have found clubs by the start of the NL season. Those that arrive prior to January, tend to be loan players and can be very much hit or miss. There usually young under23 players that the parent club want to gain experience of men’s football. Also the parent club will want to observe that their player is regularly in the match day squad. In my view Brown’s best bet this side of the new year is to prize away a current NL player from his club with a transfer fee. That will obviously depend on him being able to pinch the owners cheque book while he’s looking the other way.

I don’t think he has lost the dressing room. Players need to accept they haven’t been good enough and use the criticism as a way of improving their performances. Why should brown put his arms around the players and say it’s ok blah blah blah when they have been absolutely sh*t. Players need to stop being so precious.
Problem is I suggest that the players are simply not good enough and are unable to cope in this awful division.

Problem is I suggest that the players are simply not good enough and are unable to cope in this awful division.
Let’s not forget that we are currently 16th in this awful league. Just hope that come May that there are 3 other teams below us.

Sorry to repeat, the average number of loanees to the top 12 teams last year was 7

The number of loanees coming in to this league continues to rise. Not sure what opportunities Kargbo looks like getting and very sorry to see Dennis hamstringed. Classic outcomes for us.

However it is bleedin obvious we need some energy and the equivalent of 3 Olayinkas

FAST

Back